See?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Well let's face it, extremists are more fun to watch on TV. Average people are boring, hehe.
Save for Seinfeld.
I wouldn't call Kramer, George, Jerry, and Elaine "average people." They were pretty much extremists too - albeit extremists about the small things, social decorum, petty injustices, and airline peanuts.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Two pages of unhappy posts, many posts are folks repeating each other differently.

It's not what makes for good forum fun, so:

What is the happy medium?

We have been through this last year as a group, and explanations then as to how each moderator works were given. I even pointed out that at another forum, such as Wizard magazine's forums, ghostbusters.net forums, or even the Star Wars Fan Force forums, explanations are never given: member accounts/threads/posts are all deleted without explanation. Really, Phillip has allowed a lot of freedom on this forum that just absolutely does not exist at other fansites.

Each moderator does their job differently here, and honestly you can see the patterns in threads and you can tell exactly when a thread is about to go downhill. I agree with Phillip's assessment to wait and let that happen and then do what moderation has to be done.

But, whatever damage has happened at this point is done. What can be a good medium point so folks feel good posting here, and we moderators can do our job?

Frankly, at the present time, The Count is doing all the moderating and is supported by the rest of us. I have things going on that only allow me to come here once in a while, and when I come here? I find too much infighting in this family between members, and I cannot understand it.

My point is: 1) be more patient and understanding of each other. 2) STOP posting before you think--it's much better to walk away and then return later when it's been thought out; posting angry helps noone. 3) USE THE IGNORE BUTTON! It will help tons with some of you who don't want to deal with certain other members. 4) be more willing to accept each other as an individual and not be judgemental--you're typing into a computer to someone who, on the other end, HAS FEELINGS. Be respectful of that.

I will say that I have friends of every race, color, creed and religion. It's important to me to feel that kind of acceptance from other directions, and I try to let those same people feel loved and accepted. I am sometimes contradictory and say things which come out in ways I don't mean them to sound, but my friends know that anything I say I mean in a positive way--I hate conflict and I hate confrontation. It's easier to have a life that is smooth-sailing, and I'm still trying to find that myself.

But, it never happens. It seems all roads lead to rocky travels.

That said, we are (supposed to be) one whole family, and anything that is said against one another, flaming each other for being gay or Christian, hating on new (ie: 20 year long) voice performers...you know the drill...it shouldn't be here at MC.

Yes, discuss and debate; but, be civil about it. I've done and said things myself in the past years and I regret it, of course. Usually because someone automatically accepts what I've said as negative rather than the way it was meant; but, being on a forum nobody can see facial expressions or hear vocal tones to understand the emotion or inflection of what's being said leading to miscommunication.

I would suggest we just simply try to think before we post, and then things wouldn't happen to cause thread closures or deletion.

I doubt anybody likes reading through 3 pages of argument, as I found recently in the "Muppets Diplomacy" thread. I asked if posts should be deleted, they said yes. I found it was easier to close the thread and reopen the topic (I posted links to the new thread).

Understand: Nobody here is doing anything because it's a fun-button to delete or close, but in trying to keep this place a fun forum to visit for new folks and senior members alike there is a HUGE task in front of a moderator, and being a member is easier: You know how to handle yourself in public when you're out with your friends and family and it's the same way on a forum--everybody wins!

What do ye reckon?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hiya Kev! I agree with you for the most part. There have been a few strange incidents of arbitrary edits in the form of thread titles and even spelling corrections that also go a little far. You always employ the soft-touch. Here as well!

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be honest, a member, Mikebenedict I believe, took issue with and singled out my citing my being gay as part of an entire discomfort with Muppet Central as of late. I should have expanded on that portion when it was originally posted, but I don't think it would have made a difference.
Listen... I have to say this... he has derailed numerous threads from time to time, whining and picking fights with ANYONE who wants to discuss any topic. He picked on someone innocently saying "Gee, I can't wait for Season 40 of Sesame Street." and basically turned the thread into whine and moaning about how people have opinions thread..

check it out here

This poster in the past has nagged and nagged members who want to discuss things in an intelligent, inquisitive nature, and turned threads into instant flame wars. Not to mention that he once shared very inappropriate thoughts about Gabi (making borderline sexual remarks about her feet), and actually got reprimanded by a moderator for that... and he even filled an innocent youtube video thread with tickle fetish videos.

I am not saying the member should be banned... but given his history, some moderator needs to take action.

Luke

Reaction score
I am not saying the member should be banned... but given his history, some moderator needs to take action.
It's about time there was some action, you have threads about Robot Chicken being closed yet someone with that consistent posting history kept on here.

I know mods haven't got an easy job, and they have better things to do than sniffing out foot fetishists, lol .... but hopefully they can put a sock in these problems and we can clean the air around here. It'd be nice in the longterm to see the entire site get a new lease of life ... fresh content, happy forum moderated by a few mods who spend a lot of time on here. I'm not really into fanfics and dorms/games but its like thats all this place is nowdays. No offence to the people who enjoy that though, its great, just not my thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's about time there was some action, you have threads about Robot Chicken being closed yet someone with that consistent posting history kept on here.
I have seen people banned for less, much less than mikebennidict's shenanigans. Frankly, I'm sick of them. I put him on ignore, and a lot of others have.

I still think he should've had some more action taken with his "tickle" videos. This IS a family forum after all.