See Baby Snuffleupagus in Santa Rosa

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
As a "huge" fan of Peanuts, I often check the Charles Schulz Museum -- awesome place, BTW; if you haven't yet been to the museum, I urge you to go if you get the oppurtunity -- website, just to see the latest happenings in and around the museum.
Found this interesting tidbit for an upcoming event:

Judy Sladky a.k.a. “The World’s Favorite Beagle” will visit the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center on October 9, 2003 to give two presentations in the auditorium.

Since 1979, Judy Sladky has performed as the famous Peanuts character, Snoopy, during the ice shows at the Redwood Empire Ice Arena in Santa Rosa, California. As the official “on-call” Snoopy for United Media since the mid-80s, Ms. Sladky has traveled the globe making special appearances as the lovable beagle.

A skater since toddler-hood, Ms. Sladky is half of the highest-ranking ice-dancing team in U.S. history. She has also skated for Ice Follies, Holiday on Ice, and Walt Disney’s World on Ice.

Additionally, Judy Sladky has performed eighteen different character roles in her career; including the Campbell Soup Kids and Baby Alice Snuffleupagus from the popular children’s program, “Sesame Street”.

Ms. Sladky will be speaking on the subject of “Fantasy vs. Reality” in the Schulz Museum auditorium at 1:30 & 3:00pm. Entrance to these talks is included in the Museum’s admission fees.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is pretty cool info!

I, too, am a huge Peanuts fan!! Schulz was my inspiration to begin cartooning.

em xero

Reaction score
new to the area

Hi.
I'm new to the forum and the states.
Where about's is this Charles Schulz museum?
I would love to see it, being a peanuts fan. I live in L.A. and i'm hoping it's close by. :confused:

smcguire

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hiya! Welcome to MC!!

The Charles M Schulz Museum is in Santa Rosa, CA.
Which, for those who are wondering, is about an hour's drive north of San Francisco, CA... so not too close to Los Angeles.

Nevertheless, it's well worth the effort of going to if you're a Peanuts fan. In addition, right next door to the Schulz Museum is Snoopy's Gallery and Gift Shop, which has some additional exhibits and a cornucopia of Peanuts merchandise; the Redwoods Empire Ice Arena, a skating rink owned by the Schulz family, known as "Snoopy's Home Ice"; the Warm Puppy Cafe, where Schulz would have breakfast every morning, and you can get a fast food meal.

See:

http://www.snoopygift.com

for more info about those locations.

And not too far away, in downtown Santa Rosa, there's a nice bronze statue of Charlie Brown and Snoopy - directions to it are on the Snoopy's Gallery and Gift Store website as well.

You can see photos I took of the Schulz Museum on its opening weekend last year at:

http://web.mit.edu/smcguire/www/schulzmuseumopening/

--Scott M.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
A good friend of mine, and someone I look up to for cartooning advice, Greg Cravens, who is the artist on the strip "The Buckets" (if you don't get it, write your local papers and ask them to carry it), is a member of the National Cartoonists Society, and he was there for a special pre grand opening grand opening!! NCS members galore were there, and I wished I was there.

Pictures of the "Peanut Gallery" art show, a tribute to Sparky, can be found at www.midsouthcartoonists.com in the picture gallery. I'm the one in the Charlie Brown shirt (which I made).

Kev

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Isn't this identical to the shirt that's sold in Snoopy Etc?
I have no idea; all I know is I drew an outline in Sharpee marker and my pal, Lin (dressed as Linus), airbrushed the black inside my markings. I drew the strip from a picture of Charlie Brown, and we transferred Schulz's signature to the bottom of the back of the shirt.

/\/\/\/\