Sesame Street Season 47 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for January 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Definitely a Christmas thing; here's Jim Gaffigan as Santa Claus:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think it's a Christmas Carol due to the older style clothes being hung.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, considering they already did a version of that. And Santa Claus isn't a part of that story in any way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Umm . . . what happened to Big Bird's nest and tree? Why are there now bars on the kitchen window? And . . . what's with all the clothes hanging everywhere (in both pics)?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They're going for a stylized street look, I guess. Kinda like what they did with the Christmas Countdown special.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
At least it looks nice unlike ECC where it looks a cheap theatre background.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hope this special isn't as Elmo heavy as the last one, there's no doubt that he'll be a major character in it, but I really want some of the other guys to get some time to shine. Maybe it can be like "Christmas eve on SST'' where there were three separate plots. You had Big Bird worrying about Santa, Ernie and Bert's Gift of the Magi, and then you had Cookie Monster trying to send a letter to Santa. Big Bird also had a b plot on "Elmo Saves Christmas".

Or, I would just be happy if each of the main Muppets had at least one line.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I don't mind a Christmas special, and I do like Jim Gaffigan, I'd like to see SST do specials for other holidays for a change. Like maybe a neat Halloween special, which we haven't had since that straight-to-video one with Caroline Rhea. Or better yet, a Thanksgiving special: Thanksgiving always gets the shaft when it comes to holiday specials.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
There has been pictures floating around on Instagram of Halloween type special for this Season but, I don't know that much about it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Definitely a Christmas thing; here's Jim Gaffigan as Santa Claus:

It's interesting to note how many different Santas Elmo's known over the years (We had Charles Durning, Kevin James, whoever played Santa in Elmo's World: Happy Holidays and now Jim Gaffigan). The poor monster is probably really confused now. Lol.

There has been pictures floating around on Instagram of Halloween type special for this Season but, I don't know that much about it.
That would be neat. I really enjoyed that Halloween special from a while back with Caroline Rhea. They're about due for another one.

I hope this special isn't as Elmo heavy as the last one, there's no doubt that he'll be a major character in it, but I really want some of the other guys to get some time to shine.
Well, keep in mind those were all with Kevin's Elmo. It would be nice to give Ryan's Elmo a chance to shine in a holiday special.

Maybe it can be like "Christmas eve on SST'' where there were three separate plots. You had Big Bird worrying about Santa, Ernie and Bert's Gift of the Magi, and then you had Cookie Monster trying to send a letter to Santa. Big Bird also had a b plot on "Elmo Saves Christmas".
I agree with that. Also, don't forget about the Grover/Fat Blue plot on ESC. I can definitely see a new Christmas special with a plot with Elmo and a separate plot or two with other characters as well. I'm also hoping it will premiere on PBS or at least one of the major networks, so that those of us who unfortunately don't get HBO will be able to see this. :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.