Sesame Street Season 47 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for January 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They've had that new sign since this season's Valentine Day episode.

Personally, I think it looks a tad ridiculous, but it could be just me. I mean, is this a laundromat, or a ransom headquarter?
Oh, I never noticed it before. It is a bit much.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They've had that new sign since this season's Valentine Day episode.

Personally, I think it looks a tad ridiculous, but it could be just me. I mean, is this a laundromat, or a ransom headquarter?
They filmed the Valentine's Day ep. in December, so it's going to look like that for season 47.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh, really? "This browser does not support video playback"? Bull, this is becoming a drag.

Well, I can see from the thumbnail at least that two of David Gallo's changes evidently didn't stick around: Abby's Fairy Garden is now blocked off by a giant wooden divider, and it looks as if the community center that was in the old carriage house has now been replaced by . . . a fire station? How would they fit a firestation in that tiny little space? And how could they even get fire engines in and out when there's so many things that would be in the way, like people recreating in the Arbor, and that fire hydrant in the middle of the sidewalk?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ugh, really? "This browser does not support video playback"? Bull, this is becoming a drag.
Eh, your not missing much, the video is only five seconds long and theirs no sound.

Well, I can see from the thumbnail at least that two of David Gallo's changes evidently didn't stick around: Abby's Fairy Garden is now blocked off by a giant wooden divider, and it looks as if the community center that was in the old carriage house has now been replaced by . . . a fire station? How would they fit a fire station in that tiny little space? And how could they even get fire engines in and out when there's so many things that would be in the way, like people recreating in the Arbor, and that fire hydrant in the middle of the sidewalk?
Yes that's very interesting indeed. And it doesn't look temporary either, the garden area looks like it's been completely dismantled, which is odd considering that garden has been there for a long time, it was expanded for season 46 but it's been there since the late 90s. Perhaps they're just temporarily blocking off the garden set because it's supposed to be winter?
As for the fire station (if it is one), i'm pretty interested to see what story lines might come of it in the future.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not so sure they've completely changed the set again; I've seen some pics on Instagram and the like showing nothing has changed to the set. This seems like a temporary type of thing. Though, I find it interesting that they switched Oscar's area to look like his old one, only still in front of 123.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Though, I find it interesting that they switched Oscar's area to look like his old one, only still in front of 123.
That's one change I hope is permanent. The way Oscar's trash can area looked in season 46 was nice and it made sense that they would have a recycling area next to the trash can. Moving him closer to the arbor also makes sense because that's where most of the action is and i'm sure Oscar would enjoy harassing the other characters and also being annoyed by them. But the problem with the way his trash can area looked is it was too organized, it should be raggedy and dirty and old looking, that's the way Oscar would like it.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh, A new Christmas special with Bert & Ernie. Looks very Dickensish.

Status
Not open for further replies.