Season 40 Press Kit!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mad Men

The upcoming Mad Men sketch is now available for viewing at sesamestreet.org: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...&p_p_uid=90b9a619-0769-42fc-bf9f-0258aa40cbfe

It is a very funny sketch, though I expected the characters to be mad for most of the sketch. They show a variety of emotions, all equal with being mad. It is kind of weird that the image of the bear's honey getting stolen by squirrells makes them mad. Why would somebody be mad because they saw a picture of a bear's honey being stolen? I personally find that image funny.

Any idea who performed the pink live-hand anything muppet (I think he's pink... Is this a new AM)? I know that Joey Mazzarino is the lavendar one, and Frank Oz obviously is the orange gold boss. I would like to say it's David Rudman, since he and Mazzarino are normaly paired together, but I don't think that's right. Is it Matt Vogel?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I head cookie too and my first thought as that's Frank! So you're not the only one who heard it!

Love the Mad Men! Too funny and the i-pod commercial!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It could be Matt, then again it could have been Noel MacNeal.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Mad Men parody was great! I never watched the show, but that still doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.

The new theme song is pretty good. My only problems with it are that I wish Snuffy and Prairie would be included, it's kinda short, I HATE that Zoe puppet and the effect of Super Grover crashing into he street scene was kind of bad. Other than that, it looks like an awesome season!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The theme song is not the theme from the last two seasons, it is re-arranged. The vocals are the same, but there are different instruments, notably synth-strings at several points I don't think fit the song.
And if my mind serves me right
Now that you mention it, I did hear a few subtle differences in the arrangement. Technically it's a new theme, but definitely similar to the last 2 seasons in its overall sound. Basically, they're still using the same urban hip hop type deal here, albeit a different arrangement.

But I LOVED the visuals... somehow, they seem to reference the 90's Calypso theme's visuals. Cookie eating an illustrated cookie and getting a mouth full-a-chalk dust is too precious to not love.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Bad news, the press kit has been taken down, most likely to release it in October.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Man, I just love that Mad Men pradoy, I mean you can defintely tell that Frank Oz was in it. :frown:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Bad news, the press kit has been taken down, most likely to release it in October.
I know I'm so bummed! I wanted to see the new theme song everyone is talking about. Can anyone tell me what characters are in it? Like does The Count & Telly appear in it this time?

Btw, was I the only one smiling throughout watching the whole Mad Men parody? Not that just the segment itself was overall good & funny, because it was, but that it was a real treat see Frank Oz perform again? :super:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know I'm so bummed! I wanted to see the new theme song everyone is talking about. Can anyone tell me what characters are in it? Like does The Count & Telly appear in it this time?
Yup. Virtually every main and secondary character (sans Prairie and Snuffy) are in it (even Murray and Ovejita make brief appearances).

ssetta

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late, but when I click on the link in the top, all I get is an "Oops" message. Do you know if the site moved? If so, can you please repost it?