Season 40 Episode Ideas

SSLFan

Reaction score
My idea for a season 40 premiere:

SCENE 1: It's nightime on Sesame Street, and everyone's asleep, everyone that is...except for Barkley, who can't stop barking! Barkley soon awakes Big Bird, Bob,Telly, and Maria. They all rush over to the arbor area where Barkley is, but can't figure out what's wrong with him, but probably think it may have something to do with him not being at home with Linda (who's "out of town" for the weekend). They all promise to keep him company until he falls asleep.
Cartoon: A Boy faces his fears to check for monsters in his closet.
Muppets: Kermit sings "In The Quiet of The Evening."
SCENE 2: Barkley's still awake, and everyone's getting restless. Big Bird suggests that the adults read Barkley a story, as it always him fall asleep. Telly responds by saying he has the perfect story to read to Barkley, as he hurries home to get the book.
Muppets: The Count's Fairy Tale Theatre: The Count tells a new version of "This Little Piggy Went to The Market."
Song: A pig sings "I Love Being A Pig."
Film: Alphaquest: Letter S
Cartoon: A man shows how S can stand for sleep.
SCENE 3: Telly comes back with the story, titled "The Man Who Couldn't Sleep" (from Quiet Time DVD). Bob reads the story, and it tends to keep Barkley quiet, but won't get him to fall asleep.
Song: "Everybody Sleeps."(original version)
Muppets: Ernie and Bert: When Bert can't sleep, Ernie suggests he imagines doing something he likes. Bert soon imagines he's ice skating.
Film: Three( Song of Three).
Muppets/Song: Elmo, Prarrie Dawn, and Herry sing "Three."
SCENE 4: Bob and the gang decide to sing to Barkley a lullaby, hoping he'll fall asleep. They sing "See You Tomorrow," it works!
Muppets/Kid: Grover asks a kid about the word "nap."
Muppets/Song: Rosita and the gang sings "Siesta Fiesta."
Cartoon: Finding the alphabet in city signs.
Muppets/Song: Cookie sings "C is for Cookie" (90's version)
SCENE 5: Big Bird is sleeping in his nest, when all of a sudden he is awaken by Barkley's barking again! With everyone else fast asleep, Big Bird gets out of his nest and goes to comfort Barkley, telling him he can spend the night with him at his nest. The two then hug.
Cartoon: Two dogs began to fight over a bone, with each claiming it as their own. In the end, both agree to share.
Film: Elmo, Abby, and Telly count the many spins a ballet dancer does.
Muppets/Song: Zoe and Herry sing "Moonshine."
SCENE 6: Big Bird and Barkley are seen sleeping, as Maria reads the shows sponsors.

......and that's my idea as a season 40 premire. So, how'd ya like it?

SSLFan

Reaction score
2nd Ep Idea

Cold Open: Elmo, Zoe, and Big Bird are in the arbor area practicing the alphabet when all of a sudden, a spaceship comes flying toward Sesame Street! The the theme song soon follows.

SCENE 1: The spaceship lands on Sesame Street, and out come two weird looking creatures...it's the Yip-Yip Martians! The trio look too surprised for a second, but Big Bird manages the courage to say "Hello" and so does everyone else. Big Bird, Elmo, and Zoe sing to the martians "Happy to Meet You."
Film: We follow a girl on her first day at her new school as she meets new friends.
Muppets/Celebrity: Bert and Rick Moranis sing "Stick Out Your Hand and Say Hello" while on a plane together.
SCENE 2: Big Bird, Elmo, and Zoe take the martians over to Hooper's Store to show to Alan what they've discovered. Alan is shocked in disbelief. The telephone then rings. The martians ask "What is telephone?" as they observe the object. Big Bird then explains what a telephone does and how it's useful for everyday society
Cartoon: A girl shows the viewers her "telephone collection."
Muppets: "Telephone Rock."
Film: Alphaquest: D
Muppets: Ernie sings "Dee, Dee, Dee," with "help" from Cookie Monster.
Animation: The letter D.
SCENE 3: Alan takes porridge to a hungry Baby Bear. The martians ask "what is porridge?" Baby Bear then offers the martians to try some. The like it so much they've eaten all of Baby Bear's porridge! Baby Bear then asks Alan to make some more..on second thought...maybe three bowls of it.
Song/Animation: "You Don't Have to Be a Grizzly Bear to Eat Some Honey."
Muppets: A monster and her gal pals sing "Cereal Girl."
Muppets: Number of The Day: 2
Film: Song: "2,2,2, Me and You."
Cartoon: Susie Kalbloozie talks about the number 2.
SCENE 4: Alan, Big Bird, and the martians play "1 of These Things."
Cartoon: Song: "Madrigal Alphabet"
Insert: Snuffy sings "Somebody Come and Play" while looking for someone to play with on Sesame Street.
Cartoon: A poem about changing seasons.
Muppets: A boy and AM's sing "We Are All Earthlings."
SCENE 5: Big Bird and the martians read the show's sponsors.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, I'm bored so I thought I'd just make a quick list of the cast who would appear in my version of Season 40.

Main group: Big Bird, Snuffy, Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Oscar, Abby Caddaby, Elmo, Zoe, Telly, Slimey, Rosita, The Count, Prarrie Dawn.

Middle Group: Baby Bear, Curly Bear, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Curly Bear, Alice, Barkley, Stinky the Stinkweed, Glo Worm, Grungetta.

Background Muppets: Honkers, Dingers, *Guy Smiley, *Sherlock Hamlock, Biff, Sully, *Roxy Marie, *Betty Lou, *Herry Monster, *Frazzle, Baby Natasha, Humphery, Ingrid, Benny Bunny, the ELephant, *Oinker Sisters, AM Muppets, AM Monsters, *Kermit.

Humans: Gordon, Maria, Louis, Susan, Miles, Gabby, Bob, Gina, Chris, Marco, Alan, and The Kids.

*= They'll mostly appear in skits or inserts.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Okay, I'm bored so I thought I'd just make a quick list of the cast who would appear in my version of Season 40.

Main group: Big Bird, Snuffy, Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Oscar, Abby Caddaby, Elmo, Zoe, Telly, Slimey, Rosita, The Count, Prarrie Dawn.

Middle Group: Baby Bear, Curly Bear, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Curly Bear, Alice, Barkley, Stinky the Stinkweed, Glo Worm, Grungetta.

Background Muppets: Honkers, Dingers, *Guy Smiley, *Sherlock Hamlock, Biff, Sully, *Roxy Marie, *Betty Lou, *Herry Monster, *Frazzle, Baby Natasha, Humphery, Ingrid, Benny Bunny, the ELephant, *Oinker Sisters, AM Muppets, AM Monsters, *Kermit.

Humans: Gordon, Maria, Louis, Susan, Miles, Gabby, Bob, Gina, Chris, Marco, Alan, and The Kids.

*= They'll mostly appear in skits or inserts.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:
Kermit is now owned by Disney, FYI. And it is quite possible that neither Guy, Sherlock, Betty, Frazzle, Biff, Sully, nor Roxy Marie will ever return, or that they will return only for recasting.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked your idea though. Especially the ep with Barkely. These days he's only seen in inserts and at the Macy's parade. It would be good to know that he's still around. A mention of Linda would be icing on the cake. After all, they do seem to act like she never existed at times, especially in the ep where Samara was introduced. I don't know about using an insert with Kermit. I suppose they could play an older Kermit clip, but it seems like most of his material appears exclusively on 'Plaza Sesamo.' Exceptions being "Doo Dee Rubber Duck" and that other song he sang this season. I forget what song it was. It appeared this season as an insert the ep where Big Bird met zero. It probably came from some time in the 90s.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have an idea:

A 5-part arc staring Super Grover and Abby Cadabby (as the Fairy Furry or Friendly Fairy) as a Batman and Robin-like team, fighting off an evil mastermind who wants to rid the world of its education.

What the message is for children to stay within school and value the educational process. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
COLD OPEN: Elmo is seen riding his tricycle down Sesame Street when he sees Gina and Marco coming out of their apartment. Elmo then asks "Where is Gina and Marco going?" Gina then tells Elmo that they're going to the zoo. Elmo then jumps up in excitment asking if he can come along too. Gina then says yes, as they wait for the bus at the bus stop.

SCENE 1: They arrive at the zoo, and Elmo expresses how much he wants to see his favorite zoo animal of all time- the elephant. Gina then gets a map of the zoo, and sees where the elephants are. Soon enough, Grover(who's a tour guide at the zoo) pops out of nowhere, saying he will be their official tour guide. He then leads them off to their first stop.
Song: "Splish Splash."
Muppets/Ernie and Bert: Bert sings "In My Book."
SCENE 2: Grover takes the trio on their first stop, to "Monkey Island", where they observe monkeys in their natural habbitat. Making a minor appearance is Davey and Joey monkey.
Muppets/Letter of the Day: M
Film/Animation: Maria aks kids who wants to make an M.
Muppets: Law and Order: Special Letter Unit: "The Search of the Missing M."
SCENE 3: Grover then says he's taking them to see the ardvarks, while Elmo complains about how much he wants to see the elephants. Grover then says "Who doesn't like ardvarks?" in a serious tone.
Song: "I'm An Ardvark."
Muppets/ Number of the Day: 12
Cartoon: "Ladybugs Picnic."
Muppets: Abby Caddaby sings "I Like Words."
SCENE 4: After coming from seeing the ardvarks, Grover takes the gang to see the birds. They see many birds, including one which happens to be Big Bird!
Song: "Rockin' Robin."
Film: The seasons of a tree are shown in different shots.
Muppets/Ernie and Bert: Ernie and Bert search for Dr. Livingstone in a jungle.
Insert: Chris, Barkley, and the kids sing "A Very Simple Dance."
SCENE 5: As Elmo is growing restless of seeing the elephants, he begins to throw a temper tantrum. Grover then points out that the elephant habbitat is right behind him. Elmo the shouts out "Yaaay! The Elephants are Elmo's favorite! Thanks Grover." Gina then points out that it's getting late and that they need to return to Sesame Street.
Cartoon: 7 elephants do a conga line.
Muppets/Kid Momments: Big Bird and a little girl say the alphabet.
Muppets: Abby, Zoe, and Rosita sing a song about how they became friends.
Cartoon: Different animals show their friends.
SCENE 6: Gina, Elmo, and Marco return to Sesame Street, with Elmo bringing back a stuffed elephant and Marco bringing back a monkey hat. Big Bird reads the show's sponsors.