Season 39 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Time for the new season of Sesame Street to start. And with a new season come new characters to ask about. As always, your help is greatly appreciated in getting these described as it helps others like me and the Muppet community at large.

Episode 4161: Texas Telly and the Golden Triangle of Destiny.
Minnesota Mel
The Giant Boulder
Wyoming Walt
The Snake
Virginia Virginia
Ovejita
Elmo's World: The Drummers, (appeared at the beginning)
Elmo's World: The Bongo Drums

Thanks, hope to have some more tomorrow.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Dispite me not having seen it yet, I can tell you what Ovejita looks like. She's like the refualr SS lambs, only she's purple, has s tuft of hair at the top of her head with a bow tied around it. She also has blue eyelids.

zns

Reaction score
Yes it looks like it's going to be a great year for Sesame Street. I just have one question though. Even though that it is possible that it won't happen, do you think that the new clay segments with :stick_out_tongue: & :frown: will replace the Muppet versions?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... No, I don't think so. Remember, the claymation versions were made for a separate international production/release. The reason they're being inserted now is to give the American public a chance to see these too. Plus, it's the one claymation segment in the last five years I can actually understand and follow... Much better than the other stuff they've had. But this should rully be opened to discussion either in the Thoughts on Season 39 thread or in a thread of its own. Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here we go... Characters for the first episode of the new season:

The Indiana Jones parodies-

Minnesota Mel
- The one that bears the most resemblance to Indie... Tall yellow live hands AM, blue green eyelids, orange tear shaped nose, small black eye brows, a black mole on his right cheek, brown hair, Brown Fedora and jacket with white shirt (exactly what Indie ears, and similar to what Telly wears)

Wyoming Walt- Lavander Live hands AM, green triangle nose, brown eye lids, brown eye brows, brown mustache. Wears an aviator's cap and goggles, brown aviator's coat with light brown fleace shoulder pads.

Virginia Virginia- Hot pink live hands AM curley brown hair, eye lash lids, small round purple nose, beige redora and jacket.

The Boulder- a CGI character, brown in color, with big white eyes. His brows seem to be cracked out of the rock, and his mouth is cracked inwards to the rock.

Snake- the yellow snake with orange diamonds. small visable fands, a forked tounge sticking out... he had big brown eyebrows.

Prop- The softener bottle (I felt this one was of note)- basically a blue standard bottle with the words "Fluffy Monkey" on it, with a cap that looks like a monkey's head carved out of rock.

Elmo's World-

The Drummers... there were 5 of them

The Lead drummer was a pumpkin AM, brown curley hair, ele lash lids, small orang circular nose.

then there was a Fat Blue one with a bulbous orang nose

2 light lavendar ones, a male with brown hair and a green nose and a female one that looked similar, with longer hair, eye lash lids, and a small pink nose

And the little drummer, a small purple AM whose hat covered his eyes, he had a round red nose and a black mustache.

They all wore the same navy blue parade drummer outfits, with those tall fuzzy hats and white button stripes on their coats.

The Bongos, conjoined, a Male on the left, and a female on the right. The male had standard muppet eyes with brown lids, the female had female muppet eyes with the same color lids. They were vertically striped with brown and light brown stripes. The stripes covered half their faces, and they had a reverse order on each other's faces. Ei, the male had a Brown stripe on his right side, and the female had it on her left.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Today's characters.
Episode 4162: Telly's New Shoes.
Hooper's Store Customer, the AM who's trying to decide between having the soup or the salad
The Fairy Shoe Person (Neil Patrick Harris)
The Male Sock and The Female Sock, from "Exploring In Your Closet"

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You really lucked out this year, having the new episode air ahead of me in your area. That way, I can make a list (I have a terrible memory). It'll be on the way at 11....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... That's not lucking out. That's the way my two PBS affiliates, national and local are set up. When Daylight Savings Time (DST) is in effect, both my national PBS channel (WMTJ Channel 3) and local station (WIPR Channel 6) air Sesame at 8 AM. When DST is gone in late September/late October, then Channel 6 airs at 8 and Channel 3 at 9. That's the way it's been for the last few years. But you know I truly appreciate all your help with this buddy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay...

Firstly, Would you consider the Socks from "Exploring in the Closet" as muppet characters? It was the same version from the early 90's, and they look more like something from the prop department than true muppets. The Socks were basically purple socks with blue toes and googly eyes attatched. One had a brown unibrow.

And secondly, from the main story line-

AM Store Customer- Pumpkin AM, green lids , purple tear shaped nose, brown eye brows and goatee. Wearing brown slacks, a beige sweater vest and a white shirt.

Fariy Shoe Person- He was wearing a beige suit with matching pants, and an off white, almost greenish hued dress shirt. he had a bow tie that looked like ribbons (like a bow tie was shredded- I'm sure there's a specific name for it) that was a green grey, he wore black dress shoes (oddly enough, you only saw the shoe fairy's shoes in one shot). he had wings that were feathery, like Angel wings, but shaped more like Butterfly wings. And his horn of choice was a brass bugle.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... As for the socks, I don't have them previously listed, unless they're part of the Sock Quartet from Elmo in Grouchland, or will be part of the sock quintet from tomorrow's episode, 4163: Sock Chaos at the Laundromat. Remember, the reason I ask is because I rully don't know about some of these at times and depend on the help forum friends like you provide. As for props, you did bring up the Fluffy Monkey Fabric Softener Bottle from yesterday's episode for consideration, and there are certain toys/dolls that are considered as part of the Muppet Universe, not to mention the countless inanimate objects that have either been Muppetized or associated as characters like the Hatrack from TMS.

Just a bit of explanation. Again, thanks for all your help.