Season 38 Characters thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here you go Count... With the press release on-line, I figured I'd help you out by giving you an early start...

RSI: Rhyme Scene Investigation...

June Moon- Small Purple AM (round head, not angular) purple triangular nose that matches the rest of the head color, realistic long blonde hair (as opposed to something completely Yellow and fabric), female eyes with blue lids, small blonde eye brows light brown suit red shirt underneath, also wearing white gloves...rod arms

Joe Doe: I'm guessing he's based off David Caruso... orange round AM, orange triangular nose that's a lighter shade than his face, sunglasses, orange hair that's darker than his head, black suit, white tie with black criss crosses on it... rod arms.

Panicky guy: Fat Blue AM, small round pink nose, round eeyes with green lids, greying black eye brows, balding white hair (think Doc from back to the Future), medium brown suit, ugly blue/ green/ orange plaid shirt and ugly brown plaid tie. Rod arms...

Howie Eats Well: Howie Mandell send up... (the picture's kinda small, so I'll redescribe him later) Orange thumb shaped round AM, bald, red/orange tear drop shaped nose, heavy eyes with green lids, black eye brows, black goatee (?) black suit, white shirt, black tie.

Dancing with the Triangles host- Yelloy Guy Smiley AM. He looks similar, especially the hair, but it's a lighter color (brown I think) he has a red tear drop nose, heavy eyes with red lids. Black Tuxedo, white shirt, black bow tie. Glove arms.

Dawg: American I host- that little Brown beagle with the white face. The one Baby Bear turned into, I think

Amazing Alphabet Race Host (Amazing l)- large light Purple round AM. messy light brown hair cut, thin triangular orange nose, heavy eyes with blue lids, light brown small thin eye brows. Wearing light blue button shirt with collar. Glove hands.

Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. Usually, I wait till the season starts before starting these threads, cause that's when I have the names/characters begin piling up.

Few questions.
The "Dancing with Triangles" Host, wouldn't that be a Tom Berjeron Muppet instead?
From Grouch News Network, is the character's name Dan "Rather-Not"? Because I've seen it for months as "Rathernot" at Muppet Wiki, and it's only now in the press kits from SW that he's refered to as "Rather-Not", and you know I'd like to have it correct.

Shame Law & Order: SLU got replaced with RSI, we'll have to wait and see.
Have some preliminary thoughts based on the episode synopses, but I'll reserve judgment until I've watched the episodes.

If anybody else has info to help this season's cast get completed, please post here.
Again, thanks Drtooth.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess you could call it a Tom Bergeron Muppet.... They didn't go into great detail about what the host's name is.

The Press release also hyphenates "Rather-not" as well.

There are some other characters I could describe, but all I see are pictures and there aren't any names yet... so they may just be random unnamed AMs...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No worries. We can take care of those as the season starts and progresses. Just have to fix up the Muppet-Kid Moment tags, get the Vile Bunch questions sorted out, and renumbering for V17 to be posted. We're nearing the 5K mark, and almost finishing off a total of 99 pyramid-styled rows full of characters from the entire Muppet Universe. Course, with Season 38 we'll definitely surpass the 5K post.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Drtooth buddy... If you could help in sorting out the miners at the J-Mine in the Alphabet Mines News Flash segment, that'd be a big help.
Hope to hear from you soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
... And so it begins! Welcome to another season of Sesame Street and questions about its characters. So let's get started.

Episode 4135: Elmo and The Bookaneers.
The Bookaneers.
Ms. Giant Squid, or should it be "Miss" Giant Squid?
Rhyme Scene Investigation:
Joe Doe
June Moon
Pat the Dog
Pat the Dog's Owner
Nat, who works at the America's Most Wanted Rhymes computer center
The Hat
The Cat
Slugger the Bat, or is it "Slugga" instead?
Elmo's World: Beach.
The character who wiped out after counting surfers.
During the TV Beach Channel parody, were the characters animated or actual Muppets? If Muppets, then I'd appreciate your help with descripts and names.
The guy who showed up as the episode's guest towards the end.
The sea gull?
Rotten Eggs and Jam:
Scram I Am
The Big Guy

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I need to see some of it again to give you a more accurate reading, but here goes...

starting backwards (as my mind usually does)

The Big Guy was Gordon in a weird (I think) red Body suit, sort of like feetie pajamas, and he wore a cat in the hat white and red stripped hat with large black holes in it. He had weird wiskers coming out of his face. i dunno if it was a Seuss style mustache or something.

The Scram I Am was a brown grouch with a red hat similar to Sam I Am's.

I already gave the descriptions of the RSI guys up to the point the clip ended on the site, but I will add Joe Doe has (behind his glasses) circle heavy muppet eyes with orange lids.

I forget the Dog at the moment. but Nat was never seen, and just referred to over the phone.

The Hat was a Cowboy hat with standard cicle eyes (no lids) eyes a green small round nose, and his mouth was where the brim of the hat meets the hat band. It had teeth. Can't remember the color of the hat. I'm thinking light tan. The Cat was the same puppet as Chip (or Dip). The Bat was basically a Baseball bat with muppet eyes and a small round nose (I recall red or pink, but I wasn't paying too much attention). His name was Slugger, as in Louisville Slugger.

The crabs in the Elmo's world segment were indeed "Beach Channel" cartoons.

The Squid was a giant CGI cartoon/Muppet hybrid of a squid. she had Muppety Eyes, and a cool green (not quite blue green, but not just plain green) body with pink splotches all over the body.

Head Bookaneer was Tina Fey. Nothing too special, but she was wearing Piratey clothes (but still wearing glasses. never saw a pirate with glasses).

The other two. One was an orange thumb shaped AM with a small green nose and Muppet eyes (it escapes me if it had lids and what color they were). he had Black Dreadlocks like Jack Sparrow and a red and black stripped sock hat. I believe he aslo wore the same brown leather vest and white shirt that Jack wore too.

The other was basically the Beagle puppet they usually use with an eye patch and a black pirate scarf hat. He wore a pirate outfit, but I don't recall much, as it wasn't seen much.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your invaluable help.

Follow-ups.
If Nat was never seen on screen, then who was at the RSI's computer center with the Hat, Cat, and Slugger the Bat?
How would it be best to label the individual Bookaneers?
The Bookaneers' Captain is Tina Fay, so that's taken care of.
The other two, would it be best to call them "Jack Sparrow Muppet" and "Beagle Pirate"?
Still need help with EW, but when you get the chance.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was sort of wondering who voiced the Muppet pirate. It sounded to me like a Jerry Nelson voice, but since he's semi-retired, he may not do too much other than perform his already existing characters such as Count von Count. Just a bit curious there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks for your invaluable help.

Follow-ups.
If Nat was never seen on screen, then who was at the RSI's computer center with the Hat, Cat, and Slugger the Bat?

No one. Just the 2 agents and the guy who lost his dog.

Today....

Salesman-
large yellow Guy Smiley AM. Light Brown hair (kinda messy), dark brown horn rimmed glasses, eyes with green lids, big big large red nose, Standard grey suit with white shirt and black tie. Live hands.

Old lady buying cookies- (I think they used this puppet last season too) Fat blue AM grey/ dark brown curley hair. circle eyes with orange lids with eye lashes. Little Round pink nose Black old lady hat (Don't know if it has a specific name) and a grey old woman suit with a white frilly large bow. White gloves. Rod arms.

Guy putting mail into the mail box that Abby Turned into a pumpkin
Round lavendar/purple AM, white and red plaid shirt, kinda messy very light brown hair. Little round green nose, eyes with pink lids. Live hands.

Taxi Driver (from Elmo's World)- A send up of Robert DiNero's character in Taxi Driver. Green Diamond AM, dark black glasses, Black Mohawk, green triangular nose, black leather jacket, rod arms.