Season 37 Press Kit

BEAR

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I watched some clips and I have decided I'm absolutely in love with Abby Cadabby! She's really cute! I'm going to have to figure out a way to catch some of the episodes this season since I'm not at home during the day. It seems to me that Gabi and Miles should've already graduated from high school, but that's just me. Also, when did Miles and Gabi become the same age? I always thought that Gordon and Susan adopted Miles before Luis and Maria had Gabi. Just curious. Anyway, very excited about some of the things coming up this season for sure. :smile:

It kinda seems that way, but it is actually about the right time now for them to graduate high school. Remember that Maria and Luis were married in 1988 and Gabby was born soon after (probably the next year). So that makes Gabby about 18 years old.
And I agree with you about Abby. She is soooooo cute!!!!! And from those couple preview clips, she seems to fit right in. She isn't too much. I have a feeling Elmo might have a little competition for the love of the public. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Glad they're giving Prairie an episode to her own again.
Though, isn't it a bit weird that in this and the one where Telly resumes his reporter duties you have asparagus being a bit of a focus? It feels OK the first time in the pageant... But the second time, eh, maybe I'm nitpicking a bit too much.
Then again... Maybe Alan can use some of the influence from his doctorate's underwritter for that segment in the play.
Now that would be vintage, referencial, and hilarious.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yep... Glad they're giving Prairie an episode to her own again.
Though, isn't it a bit weird that in this and the one where Telly resumes his reporter duties you have asparagus being a bit of a focus? It feels OK the first time in the pageant... But the second time, eh, maybe I'm nitpicking a bit too much.
Then again... Maybe Alan can use some of the influence from his doctorate's underwritter for that segment in the play.
Now that would be vintage, referencial, and hilarious.

Maybe, but either way, asparagus is the perfect vegetable to associate with Telly. Both are wierd. And Telly's head even looks like an asparagus!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yes... That's kind of what I was trying to say, you said it better than I did regarding the health angle.
S'okay to teach it... Just a bit tired of how much of it they stuff into the episode(s).
And I'm proud that CM's still his gluttonous self...

Kinda of with you, that it should have the street story broken up and wrapping through the whole episode. At least up to Season 31 they had the story broken up and finishing just before going to Elmo's World.
Would also like it if they came up with some new letter and number sketches, that's why I'm into this Law and Order parody and disappointed we never got the Cookie Monster 24 parody last season.
Would like it if they got my roomie out into some new sketches or into a street story once in a while.

Well, nothing for it but to wait the premiere.
You remember the 24 parody this season that count was watching. So there was supposed to a a Cookie Monster one Too?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I watched some clips and I have decided I'm absolutely in love with Abby Cadabby! She's really cute! I'm going to have to figure out a way to catch some of the episodes this season since I'm not at home during the day. It seems to me that Gabi and Miles should've already graduated from high school, but that's just me. Also, when did Miles and Gabi become the same age? I always thought that Gordon and Susan adopted Miles before Luis and Maria had Gabi. Just curious. Anyway, very excited about some of the things coming up this season for sure. :smile:
That's true, but it's the magic of television.:wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool find! Sounds like lots of fun to be had on the Street!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... Sorry bout that.

The parody of 24 was the Count watching Television by the Numbers again, much like the parody of Six Feet Under.
But in the original Season 36 press announcement, with all the info we've come to expect from these announcements here lately... They said the parody of 24 waas to have been Cookie Monster: Private Food Investigator or something along those lines.

Anyway, waiting for Season 37 to start soon.
BTW: Ilikemuppets, you're working on a scale model of the main street set? How in scale is it? Anything for Muppet figures shall we say?

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
BTW: Ilikemuppets, you're working on a scale model of the main street set?

Was curious about this too, actually.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Actually guys, that was a quote from D'snowth. But I'd like to know about this too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Where's the proof that they are switching back to the Fix-It-Shop? All I hear is just talk, I want PROOF that the Fix-It-Shop is coming back

EDIT: Ooops, didn't see the second page. Yeah, I'm the one with the scale model of Sesame Street. I first built it back in 2001, and everytime the set has gone through any change, then I would make the change to the scale model. It's pretty much almost exactly how the actual street is laid out, but due to limited space, Big Bird's nest area and the alley next to it has been narrowed a bit. And yes, I have figures to set up, Big Bird, Elmo, Super Grover, Ernie, Bert, Zoe, Cookie Monster. I need more though. Did I mention I also change it during the seasons? During fall, I put up orange trees and sprinkle fake leaves across the street, during winter I put up bare trees and dump fake snow on the street. I have a photo of the set back in 2002 (back when it was still more or less a work-in-progress, I'll show you guys...