Season 37 Press Kit

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just went through the pertinent links at the site...
The cast bios were probably the most surprising and interesting part to me...

I'm sure that the season will have its regular 26 episodes, the ones at the site are just to drum up some publicity.
The parodies... Some sound great... But...
Scramalot... Didn't they do this before, named Grouchalot?
Dinner Theater, it'll probably be OK... But I'd've prefered they bring back Monsterpiece Theater.
The Healthy Storytime... Hansel and Gretel opting to pass up the gingerbread/sweets house?
Noooo! Sorry, but this goes to what was the rile-up of the day on Mike & Mike on ESPN...
Who goes to a baseball game to get soup?!? It's the same thing here.
Another thing, I thought SS would get back to basics... But it looks like they're still promoting the healthy foods angle, a bit too much for my liking.

Will watch SS Season 37 and will find some good things along with the bad... Hey, I have to in order to keep the Muppet Listings updated...
Just some initial thoughts from the Season 37 info release. Thank you very much for finding and posting the link to it Bryan.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Just went through the pertinent links at the site...
The cast bios were probably the most surprising and interesting part to me...

I'm sure that the season will have its regular 26 episodes, the ones at the site are just to drum up some publicity.
The parodies... Some sound great... But...
Scramalot... Didn't they do this before, named Grouchalot?
Dinner Theater, it'll probably be OK... But I'd've prefered they bring back Monsterpiece Theater.
The Healthy Storytime... Hansel and Gretel opting to pass up the gingerbread/sweets house?
Noooo! Sorry, but this goes to what was the rile-up of the day on Mike & Mike on ESPN...
Who goes to a baseball game to get soup?!? It's the same thing here.
Another thing, I thought SS would get back to basics... But it looks like they're still promoting the healthy foods angle, a bit too much for my liking.

Will watch SS Season 37 and will find some good things along with the bad... Hey, I have to in order to keep the Muppet Listings updated...
Just some initial thoughts from the Season 37 info release. Thank you very much for finding and posting the link to it Bryan.
Hey, no problem! You know, when it comes to hunting down things Sesame Street, you can count on me!

By the way, Ed, I think that the Scramalot bit is meant to parody the recent Monty Python's Spamalot on Broadway, whereas Grouchalot was probably more a parody of Camelot.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... That's what I figured... Forgot to add that in my previous post. Just seems similar to me.
Also, I know the Law and Order parody is it's own parody... But two things.
1 Doesn't it seem to remind you of the Dragnet parody with Sergeant Thursday and Ben (voiced by Jim) tracking down a rogue W (also voiced by Jim)?
2 Has anyone besides me looked at the acronym for this parody? Special Letters Unit: M.
Do I need to spell it out?

The episode with Alan being Elmo's pretend school teacher sounds like a good one, back to that basics sort of feel. And I'm also pleased/loving that the set will be back to a more basics kind of design with the return of the Fix-It-Shop and a modern classic Hooper's Store.
Though... After reading the character bios, I can understand why someone voiced a concern that Abby would/could replace Mumford.
And Isnorden, if that's the guy who wanted a Scandinavian Global Grover will be pleased I think with the Iceland Puffins segment.

That's pretty much all for now... More when the season starts in a month's time.
26 days left and counting, start your alphabet countdowns now.

BEAR

Reaction score
Also, just because they are still doing the healthy foods thing doesn't mean they aren't "back to basics". I think they will be sticking to doing those bits for a while now and I really don't think it's so much a bad thing. The whole reason for Sesame Street's new healthy foods campaign is in relation to the major child obesity problems in the US these days. I wouldn't say they have pushed it too far. The wonderful thing is that even though Cookie Monster is being encouraged to eat healthier foods he is still the same old Cookie Monster we always loved. You can give him a carrot and he may learn to like it, but he still makes it known that cookies will always be his favorite and that is okay. Maybe if they didn't make every episode full of health lessons the whole time it would be better. Maybe that is what you mean. I mean, there are other things to learn and they should be spread out.
The one thing regarding the format that I was hoping for this season was that I wanted it to be less predictable as people have called the last few seasons. Every episode has been structured the exact same way and it seems like I always know what is happening next. No real surprises. For example, Journey to Ernie always happens around the middle of the hour and then it is always followed by some kind of Bert & Ernie sketch. And once 12:45 hits the clock, I know Elmo's World will hit the screen. Then along with that, the first 15 minutes is street story. I wish it would be shaken up a little more like it used to so that I don't always know what's coming. I liked when the street story was broken up into segments and spread out through the hour, then the end would have a tag having to do with the main story. I liked when a different cast member announced the show's sponsors at the end of the show. Not a big fan of this Trash Gordon stuff. A bit boring for my taste, but that's me.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I agree with you guys, that Abby is such a little cutie, I'm sure she'll be a great addition to the Sesame Street Muppet family.

But what's up with only have 7 episodes this season, or is the episode description page only like an excerpt or something?

Well anyhoo, I can't wait for the new season!

Wow! Mile and Gabi graduating from high school! I guess that means come season 38, the two will be written out of the show because they'll be off to college.

EDIT: (After watching the clips) Well, looks like there's been some more changes to the set this season, so it looks like come August in my spare time (because school will be starting), I'll have to update my scale model of Sesame Street.
But remember when Gina graduated and David went to school, so maybe they'll show up from time to time.

BEAR

Reaction score
Alan Muroaka continues to be one of my favorite cast members and I'm excited to see that he is getting more great stuff this season. He really is so great for this show and a perfect proprietor for Hooper's Store. I think he will be around for a while. If you read the end of his bio on the site, it says that "his warm and open character has helped make Hooper's Store the heart of the Sesame Street community once again." I couldn't agree more with this. He is a great teacher and role model for kids, but also a really silly guy too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... That's kind of what I was trying to say, you said it better than I did regarding the health angle.
S'okay to teach it... Just a bit tired of how much of it they stuff into the episode(s).
And I'm proud that CM's still his gluttonous self...

Kinda of with you, that it should have the street story broken up and wrapping through the whole episode. At least up to Season 31 they had the story broken up and finishing just before going to Elmo's World.
Would also like it if they came up with some new letter and number sketches, that's why I'm into this Law and Order parody and disappointed we never got the Cookie Monster 24 parody last season.
Would like it if they got my roomie out into some new sketches or into a street story once in a while.

Well, nothing for it but to wait the premiere.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
But remember when Gina graduated and David went to school, so maybe they'll show up from time to time.
Yeah, they could. They may even go to a college in New York that is close enough to still allow time on Sesame Street. I mean, their families live their after all. I think that those two characters will become very instrumental in the future of the show also. In the whole history of Sesame Street, they are the only characters we have watched since they were babies, and now they are nearly out of high school! So, it will be interesting to see what happens in the future, but I think that we will have to wait til season 38 for that stuff.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I watched some clips and I have decided I'm absolutely in love with Abby Cadabby! She's really cute! I'm going to have to figure out a way to catch some of the episodes this season since I'm not at home during the day. It seems to me that Gabi and Miles should've already graduated from high school, but that's just me. Also, when did Miles and Gabi become the same age? I always thought that Gordon and Susan adopted Miles before Luis and Maria had Gabi. Just curious. Anyway, very excited about some of the things coming up this season for sure. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Would like it if they got my roomie out into some new sketches or into a street story once in a while.

I must agree with you here. I have been kinda disappointed in the Count's role lately. All he does is the Number of the Day segment and it is basically the same thing every time. I'd like to see him out on the street with the rest of the gang again. Same with Prairie Dawn. She's been kinda jipped too. But it looks like she'll be brought out to the street once again for the healthy food pageant. Yay! Classic Prairie! Fran Brill has two main characters, Prairie and Zoe, and it is sad that her very first (and for a while ONLY) long lasting main character is being wasted like that now. Anyway, like I said, nice to see her with the rest of the gang once again.