1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Season 36 Character Questions

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by The Count, Apr 4, 2005.

1. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Both are different puppets; Rapunzel was green with blue eyelids, pink nose, and a pink dress. The Prince was a live-hand yellow AM with short brown hair, blue robe, gold crown, pointy green nose, sleepy pink eyelids, and an upper row of teeth.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... Was this Prince different than the one performed by Joey in the episode where the ball Elmo and Zoe find turns out to be Cinderella?
    If so, should they both be listed as separate entries?

And if so, should this Prince and Rapunzel be added in the Elmo's World subgrouping as new entries? Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
  3. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Yep to all of those.
  4. The Count

OK, thanks. The only last new character I gots doubts about is the "Turkey Lady" I posted over in the ML15 thread, from the SS Monster's appearance on Emero Live this past Friday night.
  5. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Sorry, I didn't see it.
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I'd add her. Why not?

Also, when you have 2 versions of a character like Rapunzel for example, if they are clearly different looking puppets then maybe they should have separate listing. If they look exactly the same but only have a different voice, then just add the new voice on the description of the character. That's what I would do because it is still the same character.
  7. The Count

Well... You'll see what I've done after V 16 gets posted. BTW: Bry, what did the Turkey Lady look like?
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I recorded the show and I will have to look at it again for specific details, but she was basically just a Muppet turkey with a chef's hat. She was only seen in a fairly brief segment. I will look and get back to you on this.
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Back to the Countess...

I checked the pic in sesameencyclopedia. It seems like that is von Dahling that's on the show today. I thought for sure I've seen her pic labeled as 'von Backwards." Maybe somebody did make it that way, by mistake and recently corrected it. It is unusual that they'd bring back a character from the 70s, rather than use the one that's been on the show more recently. Still it would be nice to see other 'lost' characters from around that time make a comeback.
  10. The Count

OK... Though technically not from Season 36, thought this'd be the best place to ask.

You guys know the SS VHS/DVD release titled Elmocize right? Well, it was brought to my attention that there are two AM monsters and Cyndi Lauper who call themselves "The Twister Sisters". Just asking if there's a way to individualize/separate each of the trio into individual entries for the list.
    Hope to hear from you soon and have a good weekend.
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Haven't seen that one yet, Ed. Sorry. :(
  12. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

First of all, I love the Hoots avatar, Bear. :D

Second, you could label Cyndi as "Lead Singer". As for the other two, both are from the "Cereal Girl" song (one is the orange Cereal Girl, the other is the green one with frizzy yellow hair). I guess one could interpret the group as the "Twister Sisters", even though on Elmocize the purple monster didn't appear; you could include them as a four-member group.
  13. The Count

Thanks... The prob I have with this group is that it's a human (cameo guest star) along with Muppet members.
    Seems to me the best way to have them would be to individualize each... Would "The Twister Sisters: Orange, Green, and Purple Monster Singer" for each individual one be an OK way to list these entries?
    Hope to hear from you soon and have a good day.
  14. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

How about:

The Twister Sisters: Lead Singer (SS, from Elmocize, Cyndi Lauper)
    The Twister Sisters: The Cereal Girl (SS)
    The Twister Sisters: Green Monster Back-Up Singer (SS)
    The Twister Sisters: Purple Monster Back-Up Singer (SS)
  15. The Count

Yeah... That's sort of what I was thinking.
    Only thing is that since Cereal Girl's already listed, wouldn't it make more sense to have the last one listed as "Orange Monster Backup Singer"?
    Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good day.
  16. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Not really; they're the same puppet.

OK, now I'm confused. :confused:
  17. The Count

Well... They're already added so don't worry.
    One less loose entry. BTW: Did you get the PM I sent you with the episode numbers?

Just a few last characters to take care of... Namely...
    4096: The Even Animals Have Skin Book.
    4096: What animals came out of the book, and if they should be added.
    4102: The Camel.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon, have a good day.
  18. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

4096: The Even Animals Have Skin Book.
    4096: What animals came out of the book, and if they should be added.

Well, both of these are CG characters, so I don't know if they should be added; it depends on what you believe.

4102: The Camel.--the same camel puppet used for Sidney, but a different character (based on his voice and characterization).

And yes, I got your PM and will reply ASAP.
  19. The Count

OK, will send you a reply later tonight.

First of all, what were the animals that came out of the Even Animals Have Skin Book?
    Second, should it be "The Camel" or "Mr. Camel"?
    Third, the EAHS Book was created using CGI... But did it have the same style and look as the other EW Book Muppets/characters?
    Hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good day.
  20. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Nope; those other CG characters were controlled like puppets, similar to Waldo C. Graphic. The book and the other animals in it were made from a computer, but no puppetry work (except for the dubbed voices). Well, I guess it'd be more animation than puppetry, more like "Toy Story" animation.

And if he's referred to as Mr. Camel, then that's fine by me.