Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, to address some concerns in MuppetDude's last post.

1 So, all the veggies can be added to the list as separate entries from those two songs in 4089? Will make for a good harvest crop of characters this year.
2 The Delivery Woman may be obscure, but then again how many who are already on the list fit that bill? And you know it wouldn't be as accurate nor complete without them, and some of them are ones provided by you yourself. Besides, we added Vinnie, the Letter of the Month Delivery Man from last year. The Delivery Woman should be here on the list anyway.
3 Regarding children seen on Sesame Street, here's my take on it.
a. Children like Gail and Amanda from 4089, and others seen in the street story segments belong on the list. Why? Cause in my mind, if they appear during the street story segments, then that means they probably live in the apartments that are part of Sesame Street in the background or in the surrounding area. And if they live around or on or near Sesame Street then they're part of the family.
b. Children who appear in the Day Care or Show and Tell segments shouldn't be on the list. Why? Cause those are real-life kids and are shown for just the one segment with the Muppets next to them. For example, the kid who teaches Ernie how to type his name on the computer was there for just that one bit.
c. Children like John-John and Shola who appeared in one-time segments should be on the list. Why? Cause contrary to the previous classification, they did appear in one-time segments like the one where Shola tells Bert and Ernie they have a letter A or G or etc., they appear in multiple one-time segments and were there on the Street for a number of years. Then again, it's possible that all the segments featuring those kids were filmed in the same year and spread throughout different years, but the point is that the characters became classics within the sketches and family of SS characters. That's why I'm strongly considering adding Antonio from this year's segments to be added. Though for the time being he'd fall into class B as explained above, he's been in more than just one segment with Papa Bear this year and would fall more-so into class C.
Hope this helps and have a good day, and hope to hear from you soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. You say that Mike could be one of two characters. Were two characters shown when the Count motioned for the song to start? If so, and Mike is only one of those two, then how should the other guy be listed? Or should we wait for the bit to be shown again in hopes of getting the other guy's name? Or should the two be added under a group entry, and if so what should that group entry be?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Just a few comments on "American Fruitstand." Really good ep. I thought it was interesting that Forgetful Jones' horse Buster showed up at the beginning. They also redid a cartoon that I remember from when I was litte: Name that Food with Don Carrot. I didn't see the Cookie Moon ep yet though, I'll have to see if I can catch it tomorrow afternoon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
1 So, all the veggies can be added to the list as separate entries from those two songs in 4089? Will make for a good harvest crop of characters this year.
Wocka-wocka! Aaaah! :embarrassed:

I may be able to help you on Friday or Monday; I just got finished with my report (my last major computer assignment for the academic year).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats pal. Got an essay I haven't corrected yet, gonna see if I can talk to the professor this weekend by calling him directly. The local university's closed down due to a strike.

But at least we got new SS Season 36 episodes and characters. Just post when you've got whatever it is you got to help the cause and sort the characters out for addition to the list.
Have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here are the characters from Episode 4091: Snuffy's Too Big.

Carina the Ballerina.
The Drab Five, from Grouch Eye for the Nice Guy.
There was a mouse that came in running when Snuffy started squeaking like a mouse. Is this a different mouse than the one used for the Sesame Squares and Healthy Food games? Should it be added? Under what name, as "The Rude Mouse"?
There was a part during the song sung by Snuffy where he says he's too big, and a woman comes walking by. They exchange "Excuse Me" phrases, sorry for bumping into each other. Watched it again on the second showing on my second PBS affiliate and this was not María. So, who was this woman? And should she be added?
Therre was a bit with a girl named Victoria and a Muppet character I didn't recognize, talking about dancing. Who was the Muppet talking to her? Was it Papa Bear again?
Hope to get some help with these and the questions regarding Mike from Episode 4088 posted above, and if possible the characters still remaining to be added from the new episodes.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And from Episode 4092: Sesame Street Hike...

The Tap-Dancing Spider.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. You say that Mike could be one of two characters. Were two characters shown when the Count motioned for the song to start? If so, and Mike is only one of those two, then how should the other guy be listed? Or should we wait for the bit to be shown again in hopes of getting the other guy's name? Or should the two be added under a group entry, and if so what should that group entry be?

We should probably wait for another appearance.

Carina the Ballerina--a new monster character for Jen Barnhart. She's a light green monster (slightly smaller than Zoe) with hemispherical eyes with lavendar eyelids/brown "lashes", an orange Zoe-esque nose, feathery yellow pigtails, and a satin-like pink tutu.

The Drab Five, from Grouch Eye for the Nice Guy--one was gray with a dark gray hat, holding a scrubbrush, another was dark gray with a chef's hat, apron, and strands of spaghetti on his head, another was purple, and another was grayish/tan with thin, semi-long dusty green/blond hair. Oscar was the other one, with a black necktie.

There was a mouse that came in running when Snuffy started squeaking like a mouse. Is this a different mouse than the one used for the Sesame Squares and Healthy Food games? Should it be added? Under what name, as "The Rude Mouse"?--that was Ramone wearing glasses (making his eyes seem big).

There was a part during the song sung by Snuffy where he says he's too big, and a woman comes walking by. They exchange "Excuse Me" phrases, sorry for bumping into each other. Watched it again on the second showing on my second PBS affiliate and this was not María. So, who was this woman? And should she be added?--probably shouldn't be added; it's Jennifer Barnhart making a Muppeteer cameo.

There was a bit with a girl named Victoria and a Muppet character I didn't recognize, talking about dancing. Who was the Muppet talking to her? Was it Papa Bear again?--another new monster. His name may be referenced in a later episode. He looks like a red-orange version of Filfil (from SS's Egypt co-production), with black/pink mouth, tuft of orange hair on his head, round eyes with eyelids, and fuzzy red-orange beard. The big difference between him and Filfil is that the orange monster has a yellow oval nose (like Zoe's).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then... Mike, Carina the Ballerina, and the Drab Five will be added. Still waiting for help with the characters from 4090, when you get a chance. Also need help with Gail, Amanda, and the Delivery Woman from 4089. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
There was the bit in the street story where Cookie asks Slimey to get him to the moon, and Slimey calls WASA. Who was it showed up with a small worm rocket for Cookie Monster? How should they be added to the list?--Two of them were the WASA astronauts; the other was a green worm.

The Cheese from the Chasing the Cheese segment--the same cheese used in a "Global Grover" segment, with arms.

Who hosted the Chasing the Cheese segment? Was it a "Chris Bermen Muppet"?--Yes; he was a fat blue AM in a gray suit, and had brown hair, pink (orange?) eyelids, and pointy green nose.

The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Wicked Wingtips--two brown shoes with eyes at the toe, with orange eyelids.

The Delivery Woman was an orange AM with an orange nose, black hair, and gray clothes. I'm not sure if you should list her. There's been a number of nameless delivery people on the street: one from "People In Your Neighborhood" in 1969; a female carrier from "People In Your Neighborhood" in 1998, and one who delivered mail to the Count.

I can't remember the kid's appearances very well.

Here's some more additions to several "background" monsters:

Harvey--a fat blue monster with yellow horns, pink nose, fangs, eyebrows, and yellow eyes.

Bruce--a blue/gray (periwinkle) monster with angry short eyebrows, round pink nose, and sleepy pink eyelids.

Henry--a dark green monster with a pear-shaped pink nose, and angry black eyebrows.