SDCC 2011

ceelos

Reaction score
Has anything Muppets been announced for SDCC? A panel, toys or other merch??

j3h

Reaction score
Unfortunately nothing. Awhile ago in an interview, Segel said they would be there...but recently the Walt Disney company said they are not bringing or presenting anything at SDCC.
I am going and hoping to come across something...even if its just a promotional button. I would love to get my hands on a 27X40 poster of Kermit as Green Lantern teaser

beaker

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's all about D23 in late August for Disney related stuff this time around

j3h

Reaction score
I did get the "not easy being green" version of the print which was limited to 100 copies...in fact I got #100 while a friend of mine got #99. We both picked up on preview night, so they were not selling them in number order since we were not the first or last buyers of the print.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's all about D23 in late August for Disney related stuff this time around
Nail on the head. They actually didn't let anyone involved in the movie go in (I guess Jason might have been there as part of a How I Met Your Mother Panel, but I think he was there to talk about the show ONLY if he was). Though I think that was a right stupid move... even though, for fairness sake, they did withhold stuff about the Avengers movie.

j3h

Reaction score
I had posted this in the replicas forum's EFX thread, but I think most have stopped even looking in there (with this nugget of news, understandibly so)
But since this tread collects SDCC news and experiences, I'll repost my post as a quote here:

Hi gang,
I was at SDCC this year and asked efx about the Muppets...Note, They did not have any on display.

The unfortunate answer is "they are fully on the back burner and not going to happen anytime soon." they stated that could not find a factory that could do the work and the restrictions placed on them by Disney (for both product and Factory choice) makes it next to impossible to get them done. They are very much aware that it's an unfortunate situation due to it being a movie year, but there is nothing they can do about it.

I honestly got the feeling that these will never happen and they know it and have pretty much given up. I did find it interesting that Disney has say in factory choice...not surprising though with disney's product standards and ethics standards. It could mean hypothetically that there is a factory somewhere that could make the replicas exactly the way all want them, but they use questionable labor practices which Disney objects to (as they have all right to do)​

j3h

Reaction score
Also at SDCC, I did get a free promo copy of the first couple of chapters of the up coming book "tales of a sixth grade Muppet" and 6 different collectable Muppet bookmarks from the publisher which advertise the Muppets "Frogs are Funny" book.

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Oh! I just saw that at Target. Did you read it? Any good? Any pics of the bookmarks?