Scotland meets Kentucky!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
That's right ladies 'n not-so-gentlemen! This week sees the anticipated event of E.M.M.Y. ("Extremely Mini MuppetFest---Yay!") in the state o' Kentucky! :excited:

"Janice & Mokey's Man" will meet "anathema" at the airport on Wednesday at 11:02 p.m., and from then until Saturday it's a good ol' Christmasy-Muppety time in one swingin' apartment! That's one, one swingin' apartment, ah, ah, ah! *KABOOOOM!!*

Really, I'm so excited---among experiencin' American thangs in 'is here part o' the country, Alex is gonna get 'is first taste o' Cheese Grits Casserole! :smile: He didn't even know what a "grit" was! LOL! :stick_out_tongue: (Well, not the American kind, anyway...heehee).

He ain't never been to Kentucky before, and I'm gonna have fun "learnin' 'im" all 'bout the Bluegrass State. Wow, muh first international Muppet roomie--weeeeeeee! :big_grin:

Kevin's in TN and Emmy's in OH (thought she'd get a kick outta the acronym fer the event, heehee!), but first I'm teamin' up with a Brit! lol :zany:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That sounds like great fun. We will hopefully be having a muppet meetup here in Australia early next year.
I had to post because I was so curious as to what a cheese grit is, what is a grit? lol, I have never even heard of them.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
LOL! Well drspy, "grits" are a traditional southun dish. :big_grin:

I actually can't stand 'em "plain" or "reg'lar" none, but the way they're fixed in this certain dish, OOOOOHHhhhhhhhhohohohohooooo...

*insert slobbery Byron emoticon here*

Oh, but, grits are, like, this:

"coarsely ground hulled corn boiled as a breakfast dish in the southern United States"

:smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
That sounds like great fun. We will hopefully be having a muppet meetup here in Australia early next year.
I had to post because I was so curious as to what a cheese grit is, what is a grit? lol, I have never even heard of them.

In some ways, drspy, the U.S. is still The North and The South. We Yankees up north know what grits are but are fundamentally unable to consume them. (No offense, anyone, it's just true.) However I'm sure that Alex will love them. Perhaps in exchange for grits he can bring some haggis.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Imagine an International muppet meetup where everyone brings a national food dish. It would be interesting!

Beebers

Reaction score
Alex, while you're there, detour on down to Louisiana for some Cajun and Creole cookin', it's fabulous. Welcome, welcome, to the U.S. of A.!!! Kentucky is gorgeous, bring a camera. And the grass really is blue.

Beebers

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Imagine an International muppet meetup where everyone brings a national food dish. It would be interesting!

Now THAT would be cool. We should organize an MC International Food Get-together. It could last for days and we could just feed ourselves silly. Great idea.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

And not just countries, but regional cooking from within countries, the U.S. for example is not just MacDonald's, we have as many regional recipes as we have states and towns.

Phantom

Reaction score
Kentucky is beautiful, especially in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains (at least the parts that haven't been stripped of coal). And being born and bred here, I don't particularly favor grits, but I will eat them occasionally.

J&M's Man-What part of the state are you in?

I'm in London. (Kentucky)

Ben

Beebers

Reaction score
Phantom said:
Kentucky is beautiful, especially in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains (at least the parts that haven't been stripped of coal). And being born and bred here, I don't particularly favor grits, but I will eat them occasionally.

J&M's Man-What part of the state are you in?

I'm in London. (Kentucky)

Ben

I'm in Paris. (In my mind.)