Scooter in IAVMMCM.

golden teeth

Reaction score
I thought the Scooter dancing was funny, but Sam in the nightclub with the glowsticks had me cracking up. Also funnier than it was that wierdo in the club that did that kissing thing towards Kermit.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, that is why that whole alternate universe stuff was funny (and at times disturbing) because the characters are basically polar opposites of how we know them. Fozzie as a pick-pocket, Scooter cage dancing, SAM WITH GLOWSTICKS AND EVEN IN THE CLUB TO BEGIN WITH...probably the most bizarre and hilarious to me were Bunsen and Beaker. Bunsen acting all hip with the "soul patch" thing going and Beaker buffed up as the bouncer. I guess that is what things could have been like without old Kermie's guidance. If I remember right, the only one who's personality was still pretty much the same was Gonzo. He was just homeless is all and playing his guitar in the mall for an income. Still the poetic soul.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
His lines in the film are numerous.

1."10-4. Bacon down. Bacon down."
2."The ham is jammed. Repeat the ham is jammed."
3."You mean that's not a wig?"
4."Fozzie's right. Kermit, I defer my paycheck. Count me in!"
5."Boss, you are the intro."
6."Santa baby from dooby dooby doo."
7."Kermit, you're on."
8."Anytime, hahahaha."
9."So you girls been dancing a long time?"
10."Hey wait, don't leave. My uncle used to own the theater!"
11."Yes! Great!"
12."Yeah, boss?"
13."I haven't seen Fozzie since he left."

and many more lines that I am forgetting. He was a strong supporting charcter in the film, I felt.
I thought it was really funny, him seeming drunk, trying to flirt with the ladies. With a lampshade on his head. XD

golden teeth

Reaction score
Yeah, that was funny. Was he flirting with the dancers that were on the Muppet SHow theme song?

We Got Us

Reaction score
I thought the party stuff was funny but the cage dancing made me hide under a blanket. Uhm....wouldn't he just get his uncle to get him another job? I don't know, maybe I'm just a prude. Still, if they were trying to make Muppet lovers cringe with that alternative universe stuff, boy did they succeed...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I thought the party stuff was funny but the cage dancing made me hide under a blanket. Uhm....wouldn't he just get his uncle to get him another job? I don't know, maybe I'm just a prude. Still, if they were trying to make Muppet lovers cringe with that alternative universe stuff, boy did they succeed...
You're not a prude; the scene was...not great, lol.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Thanks, I had a lot of problems with that movie but I wasn't sure what the general Muppet-fan consensus view was, didn't want to go starting stuff.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Would you believe that I had no idea what the significance of the cage dancing bit was until I read the discussions on various message boards, including this one? Now when I see it my reaction is partially pity and partially a giggle, because... Scooter as a go-go boy? Man, he must have been desperate to get away from the family business. Also, I never knew that he had fingernails. But it doesn't upset me; I find Fozzie's situation much more distressing. To see such a nice, childlike, trusting character turn to thievery...ouch.

We Got Us

Reaction score
All of them upset me. The idea that without Kermit the characters from the Muppet wouldn't have stuck by any kind of morals or character...and basically changed everything about themselves bugged. Plus, Scooter was like 14...now that's a little twisted, you have to admit. And Robin? Robin? Do none of these kids have parents?