Schweppes Blackcurrant

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I don't know why I happened to think of this now, but when I was over in England in 2001 I discovered Schweppes Blackcurrant, and it replaced Dr. Pepper as my favorite beverage while I was over there. But you can't seem to get it anywhere in the US! :frown: I suppose it would probably be too expensive to be worth it anyway, but do any of you UK folks happen to know of any places I could order it from? I'd really like my folks to try it sometime, and I wouldn't mind another taste either... :halo:
Erin

Struble

Reaction score
When I lived in Lawrence, KS, there was a store called Brits. I used to buy my black currant sodas there. There's about a dozen different brands. I usually drank Tango Black Currant. Cost about a buck a can, but it was worth it.

I'd kill for a case today. *sighs*

Struble

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yipes! That is kinda hefty. Not really more than I'd expect though. Hm, I wonder how it compared to what I had. Thanks for the heads up!
Erin

Struble

Reaction score
I didn't like Ribena nearly as much as I liked Tango. I don't think they had Schwepps to try. But black currant is yummy. I try to buy Black Currant tea in America and it's so bland. IT NEEDS MORE FLAVOUR!

Struble

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Oh wow! Soft drinks! Right up my alley!

Hmm...I was always partial to Schweppes Black Currant, you've got good taste! Tango, I like, but I think it has too much kick for my liking - though the Apple Tango is good. Here's a good one: get your hands on some Fanta if you can - they've just started selling it over here, although it may have a different ingredient base than the UK product (i know, i know, it's strange). It may or may not taste different, but if it's the UK/European fanta then it's really good - all of 'em! (BTW, Ribena's pretty good, but yeah...expensive bought foreign.)

>Adam

Struble

Reaction score
The extra kick is why I dug the Tango so much. I die without Black Currant flavored drinks. :frown:

Struble

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hm, I think I may have seen Fanta around here. I'll have to keep my eye out for blackcurrant. Thanks! :smile:
Erin