Say Cheese!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh Rowlf.....I just want to give him a hug. Glad you gave the warning that we'd need teddy bears. And Piggy too. Sigh. Is it time to get happy yet?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Singing: Come on, get happy!

So Lisa... About that next chapter... Can you pLisa posta it soonish? Thanksa very much.

Beauregard

Reaction score
T and A said:
It hurt to play. It hurt even more to not play.
Short sentences always get me. Altered repition always gets me. Short altered repetition sentences involving Rowlf and pain ALWAYS get me!

TA said:
And then the bear had stopped talking- as if it troubled the dog to just listen.
Someone whisper to Dog that the Bear is trying his best to help him, not to hurt him!

A and T said:
Fozzie hadn’t started to back out of their talk until the second time he had peered over the bed… when he could see Rowlf’s casts.
Oh! It's like racism, but not...Don't know why that struck me.

AT said:
Rowlf looked at his casts.
For every short sentence a short stab of pain.

T and T said:
He held one note.
See? Why does that pain me? But it does.

TNT said:
A lot on his mind.
Repetition! It hurts!

BOOM! said:
He stared at his casts.
Pain.

CRASH! said:
A lot on his mind.
Repeated pain!

WHACK said:
A lot on his mind.
Repeated pain, pain!

*insert whitty remark here* said:
A lot on his mind.

A lot on his mind.
Darn you Lisa!

*same* said:
They WEREN’T on his mind!
*tear thing*

The Paininatior said:
He pulled his paw to his gut and cradled it miserably.
Nice use of the word "gut" here. Makes the pain more painfull.

The Repeater said:
The casts were on his paws. They were not on his mind. They were not on his ears. The casts were on his paws.
Short and repeating...how much more of this am I expected to take?

The REPEATER said:
The three milkshakes per day were in his stomach, not on his mind. The straws were not on his mind.
Oh, more I see.

The silence was on his mind.
OUCH!!! Oh, that did it...

He lifted his left paw and poked an A sharp three times. There. That was a little less silence. Even if no one else came to be heard, the piano always would.
Rowlf doesn't change...nothing changes him...he is still the most wonderfull dog ever...

somewhere said:
Afection, attention
Nice choice of words.

Queen of Fiction said:
They wanted to be asleep. That didn’t mean they were asleep.
*smiles* I love that!

...and why there were so many songs about rainbows.
Gleebo! Not a word, but discribes my mind when I read this! Wonderfull wonderfull chapter.

christyb

Reaction score
Great chapter(s) Toga! I loved them both. What else is new I know. :smile: I can't wait to see what happens. I feel for them all so much. More please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven

“Verna føøskee de vløøpda für nuüfin, wøøpen de skidøødle.” They were nine unintelligible words that invariably meant that it was mealtime at the Muppet Boarding House.

It also happened to be a Monday morning, which invariably meant that among the items on the list of Kermit’s usual troubles was the basic and unfortunate fact that the school bus system simply refused to stop at the theater. This meant that either Robin would take the bus to the boarding house and someone would pick him up from there, or someone would pick him up from school. Unfortunately, everyone was always “too busy” to fetch the young frog. It was not uncommon for him to hope he could find enough change in the one block between school and a pay phone to call the theater and remind his overwhelmed uncle that he had to cross three busy streets on flipper if no one came for him.

The entire ordeal never failed to be a great cause of stress and guilt for dear old Uncle Kermit. Every week, he tried- and failed- to remedy the situation.

“Okay, so Fozzie, you pick Robin up today, I’ll pick him up tomorrow-“

“From school or from here?”

“Um-“

“Didn’t you try to get him last Tuesday?”

“Yeah, and that didn’t work.”

“Okay, then- Sweetums, could you get him tomorrow?”

“Are we getting him from the school or the boarding house?”

“WOOOOOOOOOO! Ha ha, neat! Hey Rizzo, you gotta try these pancakes…”

“Is anyone gonna be free on Wednesday at about three o’clock?”

“Why can’t we just pick him up on lunch break?”

“Because school’s not over yet at lunch break.”

“GAHHHHHH! Oh, my tongue, my TONGUE!”

“Can’t ANYONE pick Robin up from school?”

“Nope.”

“Sorry.”

“Busy.”

“Got plans, man.”

“Yeah, it’s a rough week.”

Every week’s a rough week!”

“Yeah, I noticed.”

“Hey Kermit?” Rowlf said. “How ‘bout Robin just takes the bus home, and I’ll stay back here today? Or this week, or however long.”

Kermit stared at his friend. “Well… but… but Rowlf,” he stuttered, “What… what’ll you do at home… all day?”

Rowlf raised his colorful casts. “What am I gonna do at the theater?” he said. He lowered the casts and added, almost bitterly, “Since everyone’s so busy, it’s not like anyone’ll have time to talk.”

“But the house is so lonely, Rowlfie, don’t be silly!” Miss Piggy said, sitting straighter and almost standing. She turned toward the head of the table. “Kermie, moi could go get Robin-“

You have to work on your lines,” Kermit said sharply. “And your cues.” His face grew concerned as he turned to the dog. “But Rowlf, I’d hate for you to be home by yourself all day.”

“I won’t be,” Rowlf said. “I’ll be with Robin.” He nodded and smiled to the small frog. “He’s good company.” Robin grinned back at him.

“Well yeah, that’s true,” Kermit conceded. “But Robin won’t get home until after three. You’d be alone until then.”

He had just played the trump card. Everyone in the house was well aware that Kermit knew the difference between solitude and being alone; the occasional solitude was necessary, but being alone was unacceptable. Therefore, Rowlf had just lost the debate.

He had lost the debate- until an explosion in the kitchen provided a rebuttal.

BOOM!

“Ringho shfeer de hoo!” the Swedish Chef shouted. “Dir schmicken de baskie da!” He was covered in a thick layer of blue, purple, and green goop- as were the counters, cabinets, dishes, and floors. “Hoo skyew de shmook de burg!” He opened the oven to a huge cloud of black smoke and immediately began to choke.

“Chef, are you okay?” Kermit asked.

“Ya, gur shfor de hoop shoop!”

Kermit shrugged uneasily as he turned back to the table. “I’m gonna guess that means yes.”

“Well, it looks like Chef has to stay back and do some cleaning, anyway,” Rowlf said, looking pointedly at Kermit.

The two friends held a gaze for a moment, assessing the brief stale mate.

“You really want Chef for company?” Kermit asked, incredulous.

Rowlf shrugged. “Sure,” he said, “We talk every morning.”

“Well…” Kermit squirmed. He was out of ammunition. He turned to his nephew. “Would that be all right with you, Robin?”

“Sure!” Robin exclaimed with the usual enthusiasm.

Kermit shrugged. “Well… okay… I guess that’s settled, then,” he said uneasily. “Thanks, Rowlf.”

“No problem,” Rowlf said.

There. At least he could still help his friends somehow. Maybe Kermit didn’t see it as help right this second, but that was okay. There was one less thing weighing heavy on his amphibian mind.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh that poor poor woof man!! Rowlfie is hurting SO much! I really wish that he could play that lovely piano and bring the world his music...Oh Rowlf...

But I have a feeling, deep down ath this time with Robin is going to do Rowlf the best deal of help that he's had since that cheese incident.

I love the random explosion in the kitchen by the way, VERY Muppety!

So in conclusion, as always, MORE PLEASE!!

(By the way, a score update for you: Prawn-13 Toga-11)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Liked how you show that this is a debate between Rowlf and Kermit... The various stages of back-and-forth twixt the two old friends. And I'd like to just shake Kerm's hands... Tell him we understand when you have a load of worries on your mind that nothing seems to get done to alleviate that amount of stress.

Very good schtuff... More please!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Aww...it's so cute the mudane needs of a Muppet household, we tend to forget that someone has to pick Robin up from school. YOu always do a great job of mixing the mundane with the major storylines. Poor Rowlf though, I'm really feeling for him.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Aww man, it just keeps getting tougher and tougher for Rowlf! I feel so bad for him! Yet, I keep asking for more because eventually things have got to turn around right?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Ms. Beth... Mayhaps you can help turn things around and make them better for Rowlf with a certain fanfic that was in the plans? Hmm?
Anyway... Lisa, more please!