Save the Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
Every change, every swap, every new voice and new set of mannerisms takes the Muppets further away from who they are, and major decisions like that just shouldn't be taken lightly.
Yea, that's true alright. But times are changing and we can't go back to what use to be unfortunatley. Things evolve and change and not always for the better Kynan.

But I have hope! I have some very pleasant beliefs that this making a moutain out of a molehill situation will soon blend itself together into a better Muppet company for all fans. Everyone will be happy...it just takes time.

So everyone just sit back and take a deep breath and don't let this situation stress any of you out.

Good times are coming...:smile:

Peace

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
MGov said:
No.

Abhorrent is starving children.
Abhorrent is genocide.
Abhorrent is religious persecution.
Abhorrent is the homeless dying on the street.

Sorry I can't get behind your campaign. I guess I just have a different perspective of the goings-ons at a huge entertainment conglomerate than you.

Good luck though.
Hey MGov I'll 2nd ya on that man! :cool:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Well thank you for pointing that out Kynan, Marty Baker didn't mention that to me. Malls or themes parks were never mentioned in my presence.
Yeah I was (also) at the NYC auditions and I DON'T recall hearing Mr. Baker saying that! and just a note for Barker, just about every thing Jim Hill says is KINDA B.S :embarrassed:

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
Mickey Muppet, is there any particular reason why you keep referring to me by my surname?

Kynan
savethemuppets.com

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Kynan, just a thought but have you considered getting an interview from Martin Baker yourself? You know he's been with the Muppets for umpteen years to begin with. So far there have been biased articles on one side of the issue by writers, non-biased articles as well. I'd like to see what would come from your side of the issue in an interview.

Beauregard

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
My personal dream for this topic, (but not likely to happen) would be that the MHC casts no more than one additional puppeteer for each key role.
Agreed. Well, to some extent agreed. I mean, to me, the ideal would be one muppet, one performer. But we don't live in an ideal world, so let's take the next best thing:

Muppets.

They are still such whether they are performed by such-and-such, or so-and-so.

I'm not talking in big terms here, yes, if they were handed off to Tom, Dick, and Harry that would not be good. But we are talking about sensible decisions made by people with a little more knowledge of the Muppets than we fans have, quite frankly, and I think that bringing in new occasional perforers is a better thing than letting them die.

A few months ago we thought the muppets were done, they were silenced, and hardly anyone saw them any more. Now they are all over TV, the internet, everywhere. And they are still in charcter (by writers...well...almost in charcter, but that's not the perfomarers fault), they are still the Muppets. Thats what counts.

In my opinion...

Beau

MWoO

Reaction score
True. I mean, the idea of Sam being handed off to some new guy didn't sit well, but the character seemed dead on to me. The idea of Steve and Dave not doing the movies.com thing is not good, but the characters seem to be beter because of it. It's odd.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Agreed. Well, to some extent agreed. I mean, to me, the ideal would be one muppet, one performer. But we don't live in an ideal world, so let's take the next best thing:
For over 5o years it has be an "ideal world" (at least in these terms). Why can't that continue?

Beauregard said:
I think that bringing in new occasional perforers is a better thing than letting them die.
I think that brining in new occasion performers will make them die.

Beauregard said:
A few months ago we thought the muppets were done, they were silenced, and hardly anyone saw them any more. Now they are all over TV, the internet, everywhere.
I'll take quality over quantity any day. I'd rather only see quality Muppets in new stuff once evey two years, than see fake Muppets every-other day.

Luke

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Good times are coming...:smile:
On the basis of what inside information are you sayin that, cos as far as i'm concerned Disney have always been very hit and miss with handling properties like this .. just because we are possibly getting a TV series and a TV special, plus a bit of merchandise doesn't automatically make Disney a Shangri La for Muppet fans. In a couple of years, when this honeymoon periods over, the scenario might look very different. If the TV shows don't do well then they could decide it isn't worth contracting the core Muppeteers, and if they get to a point where they can make just as much money distributing the TV/Film library they might decide its not worth it financially to keep the puppets out there and performing. They might even rest the Muppets for a few years if things don't work out and they have something else to move onto that has better prospects. If good times are coming, bad times might not be far ahead.

Disney are always going to target the nostalgia audience as part of anything they do with the Muppets and as the hardcore fans i guess we are seen as part of that. It's partly because they are a huge entertainment company that it's important we have campaign groups like this to represent our views. If the Disney marketing people look to Muppet Central and see the fans who have stuck with the Muppets the longest going "Gee, Disney must know whats best for the Muppets because they keep telling us they have these great projects in the works and besides, this Disney made Kermit underwear i have on is really comfy and snug" then they'll think we'll just accept anything. Sure we'll always have a few brainwashed Disney fanatics on the forum who have the mouse ears Kermit avatars and truly believe that if Disney's next move was "Kermit Meets Dumbo" it would be a classic in the making, and there'll always be a few Henson hardcores that hate anything Disney does but if there are things like this petition/campaign that shows our views as a group then they might just stop and listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.