Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I voted for the "money is no object" category. I'll try to hold off on my complete pessimism though.

Once again, I have to bring up the point that had the first three been marketed correctly (or at all), we wouldn't be having this problem with Fozzie. The idea that they still have those awful photos of the first three posers up on their site – after all of the feedback they've received – is complete insanity. The quality of these things is phenomenal and they should've sold out very quickly. If it weren't for this site, I would never have purchased them.

It's going to look like Muppet product doesn't sell well (once again) because these replicas were doomed from the start by bad marketing.

muppetperson

Reaction score
This goes out to everyone. Do you think MR will honestly and seriously consider putting Fozzie up on their site as a test to see how many will be preordered? Or are they pulling our leg to keep us quiet? (pulling gently):wink:
This is MR's response to the market test pre order.

This is a good suggestion and we're looking into something that may make this feasible. We're paying close attention to the polls right now.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Other Poll places

Has anyone thought about putting a poll over at say, Figures.com or other websites just to let people who aren't members of this forum or the MuppetCentral forum know what's going on?
Started up 2 other polls.
Figures.com(general toy discussion) and action-figure.com (Lair of the Legion). Where ever we can get the 500 first!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Opened one last poll at disneyworldtrivia.com/forums (Disneyana-Disney Merchandise & collectibles) to cover the Disney angle.

Luke

Reaction score
Just to say regarding them not selling well - have friends within the UK distributors. They are all selling out and being sold at much higher than RRP. Gonzo is really the slowest one, Kermit and Animal more or less gone.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just to say regarding them not selling well - have friends within the UK distributors. They are all selling out and being sold at much higher than RRP. Gonzo is really the slowest one, Kermit and Animal more or less gone.
Sounds like by choice.MR still has stock of Animal and Gonzo to supply them.If they ordered more, it would give more faith in releasing more muppets.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They made 1,000 fewer Animals so that stands to reason. The Gonzo really is very good once the eye focus is corrected. I have had him for months and still can't stop fidgeting with the weirdo. He isn't perfect, but of the three he's the only one that made me verbally squeak with glee upon opening the box. :concern:

Eye focus or not, there is no excuse for such poor photography for these products. The person(s) responsible for the promotional images of Gonzo and Animal should be kept far away from photography in general. It still irks me. Every fan photo good or lack-luster has been far better than any of this "professional's" work. That's the face of these items. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
I believe only a certain amount was shipped to the UK distributors, obviously not as much as the USA so yes, it does probably explain the demand but they're selling well, good to see.

Regarding the Fozzie. I don't hold out a lot of hope, but what with the christmas film, tv shows and stuff coming out maybe with the increased profile they might take a chance on a small exclusive run. They still hold the license for a while yet.

It might be worth posting about the poll on teddy bear collectors sites, since Fozzie is a bear after all and that market is huge. I'm sure having a lifesize bear would be of interest to them.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I believe only a certain amount was shipped to the UK distributors, obviously not as much as the USA so yes, it does probably explain the demand but they're selling well, good to see.

Regarding the Fozzie. I don't hold out a lot of hope, but what with the christmas film, tv shows and stuff coming out maybe with the increased profile they might take a chance on a small exclusive run. They still hold the license for a while yet.

It might be worth posting about the poll on teddy bear collectors sites, since Fozzie is a bear after all and that market is huge. I'm sure having a lifesize bear would be of interest to them.
And there are hardly any bears more famous than Fozzie :wink:

Convincing John

Reaction score
That's an excellent idea, Luke! A lot of teddy bear collectors might not even know about the proposed Fozzie and it would boost some sales...

But which teddy bear company should be told about it? There's a lot of them out there.

Convincing John