Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

muppetguy

Reaction score
Telly, I think that's a great idea

Hey Telly, that's a great idea. we should put polls on other sites that would be interested in fozzie. I don't know how to do that though. But we'd be getting more people and more votes.

Is there a way for Master Replicas to advertize the Fozzie poll more, maybe in a e-letter from MR explaing the "Save the Fozzie" Poll?

Just a thought.

(chants) We want Fozzie, We want Fozzie, WE WANT FOZZIE!:embarrassed:

CluelessM

Reaction score
Hey,
I just wanted to put in my two cents about the Master Replicas Muppet series. I have been a long time fan of the Muppets, but have only recently started collecting muppet items. I started with getting the Palisades figures ( of which i still need a few), and have paid as much as $120 for the Zoot figure. I wasen't going to get the Master Replicas figures because frankly i questioned the cost and the quality of the item. Lucky me when this weekend my partner bought me the Kermit. The quality of this figure is amazing, the likeness, quality of materials, and frankly the sheer joy of having my own Muppet is amazing. So amazing that i have ordered the Animal and Gonzo figures as well.

I am hoping that Master Replicas continue doing these because the quality is amazing. These replicas are so close to the original i am frankly amazed that they were produced. For those of you who were sitting on the fence ( like i was) about buying these replicas should really consider giving them a chance. You will be so glad to be able to touch, and play with an item that so closely matches the muppet it replicates. Considering how much some of the Palisades figures cost now on Ebay these replicas truly are not overpriced and the quality and skill that goes into these are beyond measure. For those out there with the $ to support Master Replicas please do, so that we can finally get Fozzie, Miss Piggy, and all the other Muppets that have brought you so much joy.

Thanks

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is there a poll at Toughpigs.com?
:search: Tough Pigs usually stays away from product promotion of that sort and have appeared to refrain from talking about the replicas except for a handful of posts. A poll would be nice, but unlikely. There’s already one here and one at MR so I think the Muppet and corporate angles are covered. I would like to see a pole up on a more general collectors’ site. That could make a difference.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't know how to vote. I'm in no position to buy them at all ... right now. It'd be nice if they were available by the time I was out of school and employed again, though.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Nearly two years before Kermit was released and I first heard about this project, I was told they'd cost about $1200 each. Of course, at that time, they were talking about them being puppet replicas, so that may account for a little increase in the price.

But to those of you voting "money is no object", are you really willing to spend $1200 or MORE for a Fozzie poser?

I'm just curious.

:stick_out_tongue:

Telly

Reaction score
But to those of you voting "money is no object", are you really willing to spend $1200 or MORE for a Fozzie poser?

I'm just curious.

:stick_out_tongue:
In all honestly, I seriously would be willing to shell out $1200 for Fozzie. Of course I'd have to save up for awhile. If I knew he was truly going to be available in a year or so, I would start putting away money so I could pre-order him the second I got the chance. Kermit and Gonzo aren't complete without him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Installment plans. I thing finding a factory that can achieve Fozzie’s correct facial subtleties is holding this product back and driving up the price. Such quality craftspeople are expensive. Those subtle facial proportions, along with the unfortunate photography, are why Gonzo and Animal aren’t selling so well.

Fozzie was the hot ticket item seen at ToyFare last year, moreso than any of the other replicas. I think the character is an easier sell and that he could come in at a price in the $500-600 range. :embarrassed:

Telly

Reaction score
What if MasterReplicas was to do the pre-order to see how much they were going to have to make, and then pay Terry to make them? I know it would take a lot of his time and we wouldn't get them all right away, but at least we'd know that they were accurate and made with love! :flirt: Of course course, Terry would probably hate all of us by the time he was done! :embarrassed:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
If you have seen my collection of Star Wars props and other stuff I have, you would know that I would pay anything to add to my collection. :eek: