Saturday Morning Cartoons - 1960's & 70's Volume 2

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
from tvshowsondvd.com
These collections of some of your favorite Saturday morning cartoons of the 1960's and 1970's will take you back to those early Saturday mornings sitting in front of the T.V., cereal in hand and clad in pajamas/ Relive those great moments with these fantastic new collections!Following up on the late May releases of the two Volume 1 sets, Warner Home Video has announced that another pair of collections are on the way for release this October 27th. According to the early box art (bottom), both Saturday Morning Cartoons - 1960's Volume 2 and Saturday Morning Cartoons - 1970's Volume 2 will each be a 2-disc set with 12 shows, but the provided content lists (also below) show 13 and 14, respectively. List price is set at $26.99 SRP each.

Video is in full frame, audio in English ("stereo", it says, even though all of these were produced for mono). English subtitles will be present, and the running time is 277 minutes on 1960's Volume 2 and 352 minutes on 1970's Volume 2. Each release comes with bonus content that includes Audio Commentary and a Featurette; a communication to retailers explains the extras this way: "Don't Touch That Dial - Loaded with New Bonus Content, Including: Saturday Morning Previews on Each Collection Highlighting Fan Favorites Such as The Magilla Gorilla Show, Shazzan and Much More!"

There's an online trailer to see for an advance look at some short clips. We've got the list of contents for you right below, followed by an early look (not finalized) at the package art:

Saturday Morning Cartoons - 1960's Volume 2:

- Cypher in Dimension Zero: Attack from Out of Space/Rhom, Super Criminal/The Eye of Ramapoor
- Peter Potamus: Fe Fi Fo Fun
- Flintstones: The Flintstones Flyer
- The Porky Pig Show: Scaredy Cat/Baton Bunny/Feather Dusted
- Frankenstein Jr. & The Impossibles: The Shocking Electric Monster/The Bubbler
- Adventures of Aquaman: Menace of the Blanc Manta/The Rampaging Reptile-Men/The Return of Nepto
- Herculoid: The Beaked People/The Raider Apes
- Space Ghost/Dino Boy: The Heat Thing/The Worm People/Zorak
- Superman: The Force Phantom
- The Jetsons: A Date with Jet Screamer
- The Road Runner Show: Beep Beep/Satan's Waitin/Chili con Carne
- Magilla Gorilla: Gridiron Gorilla
- Tom & Jerry Show: No Bones About It/An Ill Wind/Beach Bully

Saturday Morning Cartoons - 1970's Volume 2:

- Yogi's Gang: The Greedy Genie
- The Bugs Bunny Show: Whoa Begone/To Itch His Own/Gee Whiz-z-z
- Hong Kong Phooey: Cat Theives/Zoo Story
- Pebbles and Bamm Bamm: Gridiron Girl Trouble
- Scooby Doo: What a Night for a Knight
- Shazzan!: The Living Island
- The Jetsons: Jetson's Night Out
- The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour: Snow Business/Two Crows from Tacos/Ready, Set, Zoom!
- Dastardly & Muttley: Stop that Pigeon
- Wacky Races: See-Saw to Arkansas/Creepy Trip to Lemon Twist
- Banana Splits: Joining the Knights/The Littlest Musketeer/"Danger Island" Episodes 1 & 2
- The Flintstones: No Biz like Show Biz
- Penelope Pitstop: The Diabolical Department Store Danger
- The New Adventures of Superman: Mermen of Emor

source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-Sat_Morning_Cartoons_Vol2/12260
Great collection, fingers crossed The Banana Splits will be a restored 1hr uncut episode verison :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The line up of these 2 new sets isn't as good as the first... at least for the 60's collection... but I'm diggin what's on the 70's collection for a change.

I really wish they'd make a 90's collection.... maybe have a way to get Taz-Mania and Histeria on DVD at last.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Will it possibly say Not Suitable for Children again?

Telly

Reaction score
Haha a 90's collection...with Yo, Yogi!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or a 2005+ collection.. It would just be 1 blank disk and a disk of the Warner Bros head of animation giving everyone the finger. :halo:

I know, I know... I'm really hard on them. But they deserve it. They clearly don't know what they're doing there, and they seem desperately unhappy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bump:

There has been a correction with the ofiicial list of episodes listed...

Seems like the only thing the same is the inclusion of that exact Banana Splits episode. I actually want the 70's one... but the 60's one has more classic 60's HB shows like Peter Potomas before the era of "Did you get that Thing I sent you?" Superman on the 70's set was replaced by Batman (have they ever got the rights to the Filmation Superman? Seems like there's a gonk there... as there is with the 60's Filmation Batman).