Samantha and Darren are Confirmed!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
From TV Guide:
"Former SNL funnyman Will Ferrell has landed the coveted role of Darrin in Nora Ephron's big-screen remake of Bewitched. Jim Carrey had expressed interest in the plum part, but he apparently passed. Nicole Kidman, meanwhile, is still attached to star as Samantha."

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool. I could totally see Jim Carrey as Darren - he really looks the part and I think he would really act the part too - but I like Will Ferrell a lot and I'm sure he can pull it off. And Nicole Kidman should be great. :smile:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Maybe Jim Carrey could take over for Will Ferrel halfway through the movie. Or maybe Chris Kattan, just to make things really strange. Anyway, I can see this being good given the right script. Nicole Kidman should be marvellous--I saw her a while ago on The Tonight Show talking about taking this role, and she tried to twitch her nose all Sam-style. It didn't work, but it was really cute.

:excited:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Very interesting. I can't picture him as well as I could when I heard Jim Carrey was doing it but I bet he'll be great.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Or maybe Chris Kattan, just to make things really strange.
For the love of God, nooooo!!!!! :eek: (Sorry, Chris Kattan rather frightens me... :stick_out_tongue: )
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
For the love of God, nooooo!!!!! :eek: (Sorry, Chris Kattan rather frightens me... :stick_out_tongue: )
Erin
Yeah, me too, actually. But think of the dance number! "What is love..." With Will and Chris moving their heads and Nicole twitching her nose, it could be a heck of a party!

:stick_out_tongue:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yeah, me too, actually. But think of the dance number! "What is love..." With Will and Chris moving their heads and Nicole twitching her nose, it could be a heck of a party!

:stick_out_tongue:
LOL!! :crazy: Actually, whenever I think of that sketch I think of Jim Carrey. Even though he just did it once, the night he hosted, it's the skit I always think of. He was hilarious; I loved the screwy suave face he made when they were standing in the bar. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
LOL!! :crazy: Actually, whenever I think of that sketch I think of Jim Carrey. Even though he just did it once, the night he hosted, it's the skit I always think of. He was hilarious; I loved the screwy suave face he made when they were standing in the bar. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
Again, gotta agree. I always think of that one too, because Jim Carrey totally nailed it! He got more in the groove than the two regulars! It was his performance that actually made me find that skit funny. Truly, a man among men.

So, actually, if they cast THREE Darrens...

:smile: :big_grin:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Being a Bewitched afficianado I can say that I'm not too pleased that Will Ferrell will be playing Darrin. I've always wanted Jim Carrey to do it. He's close to Dick York in mannerisms and expressions he could be his son! Don't get me wrong, I really like Will Ferrell but not in the movie about my favorite show.

And if it turns out Nicole doesn't play the part of Samantha I'm going to be real ticked :mad: