Sailor Moon manga or anime

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you Marty. But not only does this make us happy... But it ought to make your friend happy since we got one of the last two remaining girls to form the team. I enjoy these type of series, watch them on Sat. morn and evening... Various of my faves that I've followed loyally are Yu-Gi-Oh and Zach Bell. Some of the other series I liked have been moved to unimaginable hours and I don't get to watch them any more.

Looking forward to more commentaries whenever they get posted, hopefully soonish.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've watched the next three episodes tonight concluding disc 4 and commencing disc 5.

Sailor Jupiter has settled in excellently with the team. Her attack is an electrical thunder crash that zaps the enemy with a massive charge.

Queen Beryl has warned Zoicite she wants better results. She says at the start of the three episodes "Explain why our enemies have 2 of the Rainbow Crystals and you've only brought back one." To which Zoicite implores for more time to prove herself.

This granted she goes after the fourth crystal. This turns out to be inside a young female artist who has persuaded both Serena and Darian to lay aside their differences to pose for a painting for her. One of the paintings in the artist's home that catches their attention is of a young man and lady who strikingly resemble them exchanging a locket. Serena has a similar looking locket that Tuxedo Mask left behind with her previously. Peggy (the artist) tells them the inspiration for it came from an old legend her grandmother told her about a mysterious couple who exchange the locket as a symbol of their love. Hints abound.
Anyway when Peggy is transformed into a beast Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon leave the others to handle her while they fight Zoicite. She manages to outsmart them both and gets away with the fourth crystal. Serena asks Tuxedo Mask for the crystal in his possession but he says his goal is to get those crystals and he'll be wanting the one she and her friends have eventually as well. Serena can't understand this and worries that Tuxedo Mask may no longer be on their side.
Still after he departs she returns to heal Peggy after the other Scouts have weakened her considerably.

Next Serena and Lita are both majorly devastated to discover that Andrew, manager of the arcade games, has a girlfriend named Rita. But despite their shock that doesn't stop them from working with the other Scouts to heal her when she turns out to be the carrier of the fifth crystal. Tuxedo Mask fights Zoicite but she wins again and takes the crystal.
Rita goes away to study entomology but promises to keep in touch with Andrew and Lita and Serena decide to accept the situation but still try a little bit of harmless flirting. :wink:

Finally Raye's very own Grandpa turns out to be the sixth carrier. Once again Zoicite wins the crystal though Grandpa is restored to himself again. Point of note is that in this episode a character named Chad first appears. He is a would-be rock musician with a terrible singing voice, who has come to the temple to live and work so he can find peace and comfort after his career failed. Despite being scared half to death when Grandpa was a vicious beast he opts to stay. It implies that he and Raye share a certain attraction though neither of them openly admits to anything. :flirt:

My friend made a couple of keen observations regarding Queen Beryl.
First that she doesn't appear in any of these three episodes except at the start of the first. But we don't really need to see her. We know how her responses to Zoicite's missions are. She's happy because she's getting crystal after crystal.
Second he feels that Queen Beryl cannot ultimately be defeated until the last outstanding girl has been located.

I told him that this is the way I look at the current plot in the storyline:
The 7 Shadow Warriors themselves are still trapped inside the Rainbow Crystals but when the crystals are removed from the human vessels that are housing them some small amount of the Shadow's power is siphoned off to the host. Thus causing him/her to change into a monster. When Sailor Moon uses the Moon Crescent Wand to heal them the negative energy is purged from their bodies and they return to normal.
Queen Beryl is hoping to get them all collected together so she can attempt to figure out how to release the Shadows so they can terminate the Sailor Scouts and he thought that explanation made perfect sense.

So at the moment the Negaverse has 4 crystals and the goodies have 2 between them with one crystal yet to be even tracked down.

More coming soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good job... Look forward to reviews/commentaries of the next batch of episodes (27-onwards).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Naturally you're having a jolly good time counting up all my episode commentaries, aren't you Ed? :wink: :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Just keeping track with what episode the commentaries are currently on. You said each disc has six episodes, so after you reviewed the first four... And then mentioned "the next two" I knew it was Eps. 5 & 6, and so on up to where we are now.
Interested in the storyline and how it continues, since I do watch several animation series as mentioned in previous posts. Something to cheer about is that Fox (Four) Kids is airing Yu-Gi-Oh from the beginning (US beginning anyway), and they're airing the two-parter Yugi Vs. Weevil Underwood in its two-part entirety. Haven't seen it presented as such since it's original broadcast on Kids WB five years ago, as the repeats on Cartoon Network blended the two into one episode.

Well, look forward to more commentaries, hopefully posted soonish.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Of course I was only having a joke about your username The Count Ed.

Still I can imagine your alter-ego laughing to himself
"That's 27! 27 episodes of Sailor Moon Marty has reviewed! Ah-hah-hah-hah!"
cue the thunder and lightning.
"Oh please review the rest very soon so I can count them all."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew it was a joke... Though he'd point out you've only reviewed twenty-six episodes so far. #27 is vhere you'll start with in your next batch, which I'm eagerly awaiting.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ah so I was off by one in my calculation:embarrassed:

Never mind here is commentary for the 27th and 28th episodes now.
Zoicite tracks down the seventh Rainbow Crystal. At first she thinks it's inside a little girl but as things turn out it's actually inside her pet cat named Hercules. Hercules has a bit of a crush on Luna which is embarassing to her. Though at the beginning of the episode he does appear in time to chase off a bunch of mean alley-cats who are ganging up on her.
He actually runs away from his owner to save her from them again and Zoicite finds them and takes the crystal. When Hercules becomes a huge monster Luna tries talking to him promising to get her friend Sailor Moon to turn him back to himself. Meanwhile Tuxedo Mask has taken Zoicite by surprise and snatched the last crystal off her. He runs off with her angrily in pursuit leaving Hercules alone with Luna and the Scouts who suddenly show up and restore him. The little girl is so delighted to have Hercules back and the Scouts tease Luna about her heroic boyfriend. She's not too happy though she cannot deny she owes him her life against all the wild alley-cats.

In the following episode we see Zoicite with her sweetheart Malachite looking at four Rainbow Crystals implying that Tuxedo Mask got away with the one last episode. He tells her he has faith in her ability to recover the missing ones from their enemies for Queen Beryl.
She undertakes a plan to get the crystal in the Scouts possession.
Meantime Luna tells the four girls Central Control says that the fifth Scout will appear sometime though she doesn't know when.
Melvin starts wanting Molly to take some more interest in him and asks Serena for advice. Dreaming about her Tuxedo Mask she says that a black tuxedo suit is the most romantic image she can think of. So he starts dressing up as an imitation of Serena's hero calling himself Tuxedo Melvin. Molly doesn't know quite what to think but she really does find herself liking him, so she agrees to go on a date to see wild wrestlers live.
Serena goes to watch Molly and Melvin on their date secretly with Luna by her side who grumbles that they should be watching out for the Negaverse instead. But Zoicite shows up and tries to zap Molly but she misses and zaps one of the wrestler stuntmen instead transforming him into a monster warrior. Melvin quickly changes into Tuxedo Melvin to defend Molly but gets himself badly beaten up. The stuntman imprisons Molly and several other people in balls of weed threatening to suffocate them and Zoicite tells Serena who has now become Sailor Moon unless she hands over her crystal she will allow Molly and everyone else to die. She reluctantly agrees and hands it over though Tuxedo Mask shows up to fight for it.
The wrestler is defeated and healed by Sailor Moon and all the weeds choking the people disappear when he's restored to normal. Unfortunately Zoicite gets away with the crystal.
Tuxedo Mask admonishes Sailor Moon for letting the crystal slip through her fingers. Now he'll have to get five of them off those creeps and he swears he will get them. The Imperial Silver Crystal will be his. Serena is very upset because she isn't sure she can trust him anymore.
Incidentally Melvin realizes Molly likes him the way he is in himself and discards his Tuxedo Melvin outfit. She is delighted he tried to defend her and they get serious about their relationship.

So the Negaverse now have five of the Rainbow Crystals and Tuxedo Mask has two.
More comments to come :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Is that last episode just a sort of recap with Zoisite going over how they got the four crystals they have?
Seemed a bit short.

Still missing one last Sailor Scout and the struggles between the three parties attempting to bring all seven crystals together I'd imagine. Look forward to more reviews when you can get 'em posted.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually Ed I have just finished editing my last post thinking carefully of how to put my comments a little at a time. Glad you are still enjoying them and I look forward to when I can review some more myself :wink: