Sadie's Stories - Update

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Hello my dear fans, figured I'd show (or type, as the case may be) the updates to my novel; "Sadie's Stories".

I've run it through spellcheck and grammar check again, and I've been going over it with a very fine toothed comb, once more. This is probably the...oh, 23rd time I've done it too. But it has to be perfect before I will make it available for the public!

Or, as the case may be, Rabid Muppet Fans; hereby called RMF!

As you RMF know, this is my opus. And it's also the only project I've actually completed, with the exception of one side story, "Love is Neverending"

And I will go ahead and take the time here to give this apology:

"I am terribly sorry that my last two endavors: "The New Arrival" and "The Prediciment" have gone down the proverbial toilet. I do not know when/or/if I'll continue on either of them, but I hope to perhaps pick up the 'pen' once more."

:smile: Keep tuned to this same frog-thread, same frog-time for more updates!! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's really great to hear from you Sara. I'm glad you're still working on your novel and I hope things work out splendid for you in the end. :big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, Renee. It's marvelous to hear you're still writing some great stories.:smile:

I wouldn't worry too much about stories like "The New Arrival" and "The Prediciment". We all run into problems like that. Take my "Fraggle Street" story, for example. It's been almost two years since I worked on that tale, and who knows when I'll get back to it.

The important thing is that you shared a marvelous idea for a fanfic story with all of us, and finding out about upcoming projects of yours is the real intriguing part of your creativity.

Keep up the great work.:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh, I'm really just cleaning up the novel, so it'll be ready for you guys to have it. I was just originally doing a minor sweep-over, as I've run it through the spell check/grammar untold times. But I realized in a couple of chapters for the 3rd book, I was writing completely in present tense, when it should have been past perfect tense.

That has caused me to go into Super Nitpick Mode! Akin to if Don Music was doing it...so I've taken the task of re-reading the entire thing, line by line, and fixing various things.

* Like taking what was said of Death before in ALL CAPS LIKE THIS, into normal talking like this.

* Fixing a few minor points, like James T. Frog's (Kermit's Dad) cane. And changing it slightly to mean other things.

* I would also love to have Lisa (TogetherAgain) come to this thread to answer a couple of questions. ...That she has answered duly before, I just have honestly forgotten the answers.

1) You did want me to change Jame's cane to something else, right? (If so, it has been done.)

2) Did you want me to include Maggie? Because if so...I'll have to figure out how to change it.

* And I'm also changing a few minor points throughout the story. Not enough to change the main points, but I'm grappling with continuty...and it's seriously wigging me out. But I've gotten a few plot points cleared up/explained.

* However, I will not explain some elements, as this is a story written by an RMF, for RMF's.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sara... If you're having continuity issues, you know I'm here to help if you need me. As for getting Lisa to contact you, you're going to have to go through her other half, namely Prawny aka Ryan. Ask him to ask her and he'll have an answer when he gets it to relay back to you. Tedious, but that's what happens when her PM box stays filled up without cleaning out and her E-mail addy bounces messages back to sender.
Hope this helps.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well.

It's finally done.

It may not be absolutely perfect, but it's done.

*long-winded sigh*

I've got a prelimary cover for it. Maybe next paycheck, I'll commish a better cover for it. But for now I've got a nice rose-styled cover on it.

I also bought the prelimary book, for $18.31. I'll tell you all about it as soon as it comes. More about it tomorrow, I have to go.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well, when I came home from work today, there was a package on the porch.

IT CAME TODAY!

It is so freaking beautiful, I almost wanna cry guys! It's the perfect typeset, it looks absolutely gorgeous, and it's a nice size.

Granted the book weighs about 1 lb (2.2 kg), it's not too terrible a size. I need to revision some things, but I will be placing the link for general purchase as soon as it's ready.

I also have one question for you guys:

Should I create *two* versions? One in the pocket paperback format (6 inches by 9 inches), and one in a letter-size format (8 inches by 11 1/2 inches)?

Or should I simply keep the one option? (6 inches by 9 inches)?

I'll go ahead and create both versions, and post prices for both.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'd say have both versions, so people can choose which one they want.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Is (blinks) is this really true Sara? You really have been successful overall in getting permission to publish Sadie's Stories? And not just in order to give to us as presents, but to generally sell? :excited:

That's great. I shall have to eventually make a special update point of this along the line in my MC Memories thread with Bill. Have you read what I've said in it Sara? I hope you liked it. :smile: