Saddam Hussein is captured!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thank God, Sadam Husan is captured now. Did you guys here about this?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Off-topic, I am officially jealous of your icon :stick_out_tongue:

On-topic, yeah I heard. I turned on the TV this morning before church and was flipping channels when I came across it on MSNBC. It didn't really register at first, and then I was like, "They got him? Holy cow, they got him!" I was kind of surprised that he didn't resist arrest, but then after being on the run and living in underground "spider holes" like the one they found him in I wouldn't be too angry about being found and captured, either. I did think it was funny that the two guys who captured him were glad to have him taken off their hands because he wouldn't shut up.

-Skeeter

flor

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Thank God, Sadam Husan is captured now. Did you guys here about this?

Why Thank God?
He locked up is less dangerous?
Equally, people die every day en Irak, and unfortunately americans soldier too
I hope that with the captured of saddam Hussein, stop the confrontations in Irak, but I doubt it

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I know, and its about time, he is a awful awful man, hes as bad as Hitler, if not worse. He had meet grinders, vats of acid, and other things that he put his OWN people though. He teseted Biological wepons on his own towns, those people died a verry painful and long death, childern, parents, andimals. When a guy was disrespectful of him, he did not go after him, but his family. its just so sick and wrong, those people needed our help, we did not just go in to see if he had wepons of mass distruction, that was only part of it, those people were screeming for help. but anyway, thats my take on it, my family is all Air Force, Im dating a guy from the Air Force (and we are very serious), and I support the US millitary and all its hard working men with all that I am. With out them, I would not have the freedoms I do. anyway, sorry if this offended any of you in anyway. It is my opinion, and nothing more. :wink:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
flor said:
Why Thank God?
He locked up is less dangerous?
Equally, people die every day en Irak, and unfortunately americans soldier too
I hope that with the captured of saddam Hussein, stop the confrontations in Irak, but I doubt it

Actualy, it is, cuz now more of the Iracies know that its real, that its not just a prank. They no longer have to fear HIM. Now this does not mean that people who did follow him are not still going to do this, wich is why the US is still there, and that this war is not over. Also the Iracies are seeing how we are treating our prisoners, wich is with dignety, not anything like they he ever treated his, trust me if it was him who had our president, he would not at all be treated as we are treating him. Its a good example that we are above that.

flor

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
I know, and its about time, he is a awful awful man, hes as bad as Hitler, if not worse. He had meet grinders, vats of acid, and other things that he put his OWN people though. He teseted Biological wepons on his own towns, those people died a verry painful and long death, childern, parents, andimals. When a guy was disrespectful of him, he did not go after him, but his family. its just so sick and wrong, those people needed our help, we did not just go in to see if he had wepons of mass distruction, that was only part of it, those people were screeming for help. but anyway, thats my take on it, my family is all Air Force, Im dating a guy from the Air Force (and we are very serious), and I support the US millitary and all its hard working men with all that I am. With out them, I would not have the freedoms I do. anyway, sorry if this offended any of you in anyway. It is my opinion, and nothing more. :wink:

But exist many people in the world who suffering for a dictators, in Africa for example people live with less the 1 dolar a day and the dictators of countries kill a thousand people. In Colombia the country is dominate for The FARCS, guerrilla group who kidnapping people for political interest and drugs interest. And nobody help them, because are small countries.

And is Okay nobody is offended is your opinion and is well.
Respect and Tolerance :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah I heard about it in church today after I did a puppet show at the church. Gosh it shocked me, hopefuly things will work out for the best now but i'm sure there is still work to be done over there.

Zach,

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I heard about it on my way to church on the radio today. I was like, "Who are they talking about?" And I didn't believe it at first when my dad said Saddam. That's pretty big news, if only as a symbolic gesture. It may not make that much of a difference in the long run, but right now it seems to me like a very good thing.
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
It's kinda funny when you get your major world news from a Muppet forum. lol

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
It's kinda funny when you get your major world news from a Muppet forum. lol
Yeah, or from a talk-show monologue. There was a time when I got my news from Leno, Conan, or Jon Stewart.

Anyway, I'm always wary of "celebrating" this kind of thing too much, I don't know why. I'm aware that he was a "terrbile dictator," and that most likely the accounts of his violence and inhumanity are based in truth, but it's hard for me to celebrate the downfall of any individual. Is it a good thing that he was removed from power and has been prevented from returning to it? Probably, but I feel ill-equipped to judge that. This may be against the tide of popular opinion, but for some reason I hope that he is treated with the kind of mercy and humanity that he himself denied to his adversaries.

I hope this post doesn't make anyone mad. I'm not exactly inviting him over for tea or anything... Even if we see him as a monster, though, I just hope (for our own sakes) that we treat him as a person.