Sad news in the UK...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, ok. Has anyone got anything definate on this thing yet? I thought that SS would have somthing to say about it, when he was on here earlier, but he didn't.

Now I KNOW that several fairly haigh up people in England will be going, I don't know who. Actually I think you guys know just as much as me now.

We just have to sit here and hope and pray that things turn back to normal. It's funny how we were rejoicing in several threads just two days ago (See "Victory is Our's" thread.

Bea:sympathy:regard

movielad

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ok, ok. Has anyone got anything definate on this thing yet? I thought that SS would have somthing to say about it, when he was on here earlier, but he didn't.

Now I KNOW that several fairly haigh up people in England will be going, I don't know who. Actually I think you guys know just as much as me now.

We just have to sit here and hope and pray that things turn back to normal. It's funny how we were rejoicing in several threads just two days ago (See "Victory is Our's" thread.

Bea:sympathy:regard
But isn't the offices of Henson UK based in Camden Town where the Creature Shop is? I'd thought that if Henson UK were to close, then it would probably mean that the Creature Shop would somehow disapear as well? Certainly haven't heard anything where I am about this...

Regards,

Martyn

Thijs

Reaction score
Does this have any influence on the UK-productions? Like The Hoobs, Bear and Mopatop?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Tommie said:
Does this have any influence on the UK-productions? Like The Hoobs, Bear and Mopatop?
I was wondering exactly the same thing.

Luke

Reaction score
Hoobs was out of production and it's sketchy if it was going back or not, Moppatops has been out of production for a while, Bear isn't a UK show, and Construction Site i'm not sure about. This is if it's completely accurate though - i was aware of some of the UK people working on new pre-school concepts and things, and some of the management and writers there are some of the most creative and experienced the company has so i doubt they'd be going anywhere. I guess people would relocate or Henson could just hire facilities when they needed them - but i really haven't heard anything much about this.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

This isnt anything solid to go by.

First "the UK department is Closing Down" then "UK Television Group".

From the first post, I got that the whole UK Henson facilities are closing. From the second post I got that the UK TV Productions were being stopped.

Now that doesnt really matter at all at this time, Because Mopatops Shop , Construction Site and The Hoobs have all finished filming anyway. And there wasnt anything being filmed right at this moment.

So, i dont actually think much has happened here.

see ya

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Of Henson's UK shows, isn't "The Hoobs" the only one still currently in production? Aren't the only Henson shows on air right now that and Animal Jam in the US?

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Of Henson's UK shows, isn't "The Hoobs" the only one still currently in production? Aren't the only Henson shows on air right now that and Animal Jam in the US?
Hoobs is out of production, has been since July 2002 although it's still very popular and airs 2-3 times daily. With all the recent promotion it made me wonder if they will make more but they do have 250 in the can so it's not all that important they do. Not sure whether Animal Jam is still in production or about Bambaloo in Australia. I guess maybe they have trouble justifying the cost of keeping the offices open if they haven't got any commisions for new programming as yet. Obviously lots of the Henson programming is still 'on air' throughout the world from Farscape to Muppet Babies so they make money from that.