saban vs. disney

danielromens

Reaction score
So something just dawned on me. All you folks are freaking out about Saban owning the muppets keep referencing how horrible he is because he brought about the likes of Digimon and the Power Rangers.

You also freak out about how you want Disney to own the Muppets.

Well has it struck you at all that Disney bought the ******* Power Rangers from Saban. It's now their show, as is Digimon and the rest of Sabans "evil" library. I'm still seeing plenty of Power Rangers crap on the shelves so now it's Disney cashing in on the product yet you still think it's better that they own them.

Call me crazy, but I don't see the logic. The whole thing sees rather wool over the eyesish.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After having a chance to calm down (I wrote that psost during 9 at night?) I've discovered that Saban wants to buy the Muppets, but not looking to put them in the horrific Saban entertainment cannon. He probably wants to buy them because he's rich.

People wanted Disney, because Disney had a partnership with Henson just before he died. Come to think of it, Henson's Creature shop does a lot of work for Disney films, Muppetvision 3-D is at the Disneyworld MGM Studios, and Bear in the Big Blue House airs on the Disney Channel, while Bear Merchandise is in Disney Stores. If anything, it will make things a little less confusing and prevent disney from Paving over the Muppet attractions and putting up another Winnie the Pooh ride.

P.S. I'm well aware that Disney bought Saban entertainment, if you want to know.

Beauregard

Reaction score
So. Is it good or bad???

I have just posted in the other tread how I want Disney to buy the Muppets instead of Sabon and now I find that he dosn't want to turn them into Power Muppets but sell them on to Disney.

Is he buying them just for the sake of buying them and so that he can get the Muppets out of the mess they are in with em.tv?

Any opinions?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I think Saban just wants them so he could money by selling them to Disney.I would LOVE to Disney to get the muppets even if they bought the gay power rangers,Disney could do some great stuff with them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Disney has done some great stuff with them. Have you seen Muppet Treasure Island and Cristmas Carol. I am still hoping that Disney will make some more famouse novels into films.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Disney has done some great stuff with them. Have you seen Muppet Treasure Island and Cristmas Carol. I am still hoping that Disney will make some more famouse novels into films.
Hmmmm... Muppet Great expectations, Muppet Les Miserables, Muppet Hamlet, Muppet the origins of Man.....

Hmmmmmm.... Well... I guess... uh.... eh... hm....

As long as they can give better parts to FOzzie, Scooter, the Electric Mayheim, and Rowlf it could be done!

danielromens

Reaction score
disney has also done some crappy stuff with them, like the dvd versions of Treasure Island and Christmas Carol. ************ Pan and Scan. Yet they put three different versions of Beauty and the Beast on DVD. Also I don't really count Christmas Carol or Treasure Island as Disney films, much the same as I feel with the Pixar films. Disney acted mainly as distribution and marketing if I recall, which wasn't all that great for either film.