Ruthie in Season 30

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I've always found odd about season 30 is how Ruthie seems to have continued as a regular, yet she barely appeared that season. She was in the season 30 credits, there's a season 30 cast picture with her (as well as Alan, which proves it's from at least season 30), and the 40th anniversary book has a quote from Sonia Manzano regarding why she stayed on after Around the Corner ended (though I wonder if the book actually meant why she continued to do the voice of Suzie Kabloozie).

I watched season 30 almost every day, only missing a few episodes (and there are some I read about on Muppet Wiki that I initially didn't remember), and yet the only time I remember seeing Ruthie was in an insert that obviously came before season 30 (since it included the around the corner set).

It makes me wonder if maybe they intended to keep Ruth Buzzi on as Ruthie for season 30, putting her in a cast photo and the credits, but then didn't do anything new with Ruthie.

Or maybe there were just a lot of unaired Ruthie sketches recorded for that season.