Rumored Sale of Disney to Macintosh

mummytomb

Reaction score
Pixar Animation Studios, whose films have garnered critical acclaim with both domestic and overseas audiences, is being bought tomorrow by Disney for $7 billion. Steve Jobs, as the CEO of Pixar, will become the largest shareholder in Disney.
Rumors are arround that Steve Jobs could talk Disney into selling or merging with Mac.
As with every corporate buy out, fat is trimmed, unused departments are trashed and programs are moved to the Department of greatest effectiveness for the larger good. Where will the MHC go? Is this a good deal or is it shakey?
What do you guys think?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Apple Computer is not going to buy Disney. We have no reason to believe that now, at least. It's just speculation by some bored analyst...no offense to the analyst.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Why In The Freaking World Would Apple Buy Disney For 7b When Disney Just Bought Pixar For 7.2b

Please
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pixar Animation Studios, whose films have garnered critical acclaim with both domestic and overseas audiences, is being bought tomorrow by Disney for $7 billion. Steve Jobs, as the CEO of Pixar, will become the largest shareholder in Disney.

Hello McFly te sale went thru in JAN

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=24434&highlight=pixar
\

DreamTripper

Reaction score
It's a classic case of someone hearing a story then passing it on, changing a bit of it, whether intentional. accidental, or out of ignorance, until big rumors that don't make a lot of sense start being accepted by the public as truth.

Marky

Reaction score
FIgures in papers can be misquoted, misconstrued, whatever. What I would like to know is - why would this be so difficult to believe these days? Your whole courty seems to be becoming one big U$A corp.

mummytomb

Reaction score
I didn't say it was happening, I didn't say it was a $7 billion purchase. I quoted facts and asked about a "what if" situation.

Whay didn't any of you reply to the post?

DreamTripper

Reaction score
mummytomb said:
I didn't say it was a $7 billion purchase.

Yeah you did.

mummytomb said:
Pixar Animation Studios, whose films have garnered critical acclaim with both domestic and overseas audiences, is being bought tomorrow by Disney for $7 billion.
mummytomb said:
I quoted facts and asked about a "what if" situation.
Umm, facts?

mummytomb said:
Rumors are arround that Steve Jobs could talk Disney into selling or merging with Mac.