1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Rumor: Studio DC continuing in 2012

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppetlover123, Jul 16, 2012.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_DC:_Almost_Live
    Found this info on the Studio Dc almost live wiki......

There are rumours that Disney are planning two more shows set to premiere in 2012 and a Christmas special. It is currently unknown if this will go ahead; however the previous two shows were successful so it's most likely to go ahead

Dont know if we can trust this but if this is true however Walter and 80's Robot will appear and maybe Johnny Fiama and Sal? Sal could be preformed by Tyler Bunch
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

That section has a "citation needed" tag attached to it. Given that it begins "there are rumors that..." and those rumors haven't popped up anywhere else that i'm aware of i'm guessing this is the latest example of some teen somewhere learning the difference between Wikipedia and a fan fiction forum.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah idk just thought it might be i saw the citation thing too ha just a hope...
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah I would take that with a very thin grain of salt.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I just removed the section from Wikipedia. Un-cited rumor.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I think the Muppets are going in a different direction now.
    Drtooth likes this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Studio DC was made back in the day when Disney wasn't too sure about what they wanted to do with The Muppets, so they shipped them with already popular Disney Tween Pop shows to try to sell The Muppets to a younger audience.

The movie was more or less a success because it made back it's low budget (yet, why aren't we taking DVD rentals and sales into account? That's the money maker right there), but it also, it brought the characters back into the public eye. Muppet Merchandise keeps selling out at Disney (yet, they don't restock), and they're headed to a second film.

Disney doesn't need to grasp at straws to sell the Muppets anymore. They already have sold them successfully to the public. In fact, they aren't even marketing their Tween Pop stars as aggressively, either. They're doing what they're best at... Muppets, Phineas and Ferb, Pixar characters, Marvel characters, and actual Disney characters.

However, I'd MUCH rather something like this:
    Phineas and Ferb are going to team up with Marvel Heroes in a TV special next year.

All I'm saying... Marvel Muppet Mash-up.
    galagr likes this.
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That sounds cool! Marvel and Muppets! I feel like Phineas and Ferb is just getting old now. They build something, Candace tries to tell mom, fails, and invention dissapears. They need some new format. This Marvel thing sounds like a good idea.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. HandsomeFrog

HandsomeFrog New Member

Spider Monster is kinda like Marvel Muppets...but it would be cool to see something like that really play out.
  10. Drtooth

Parody doesn't really count. Especially when it's a different branch of Muppets not owned by Disney.

I'm talking an official mash up, the way Darth Tater was a legal collaboration between Hasbro and Star Wars, as they have the license to make Star Wars toys. Only more like a TV special or something.
  11. HandsomeFrog

HandsomeFrog New Member

That would be amazing.
  12. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Oh I would love to see more DC almost live!
  13. dwmckim

...and then there's others who would like to see it almost dead...
    jgidley likes this.
  14. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

That's silly!:excited::coy:
  15. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I don't wanna see them on DC live. *shutters*
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Folks don't worry Disney is not going to do another DC live. We are going in a new and better direction now. The new movie was a huge success for Disney and they are going to be doing bigger and better things with the Muppets.

I know there where some mixed feelings on the two other DC shows but it was a trail and with trails sometimes they work great and other times the fail. Now as far as with the teens of the time I don't know how the reaction was, but for the older Muppet fans the ones that grew up with the Muppets a lot did not care for it to much. So really it boils down to where the money is going to come from. Disney knows now that the Muppets are a great family entertainment source, and is going to treat them as such. Which is what Jim Henson wanted all along.
  17. conburke621

conburke621 New Member

ugh. If they bring back Studio DC, then the new movie was a waste of time. "The Muppets" was made to bring classic, non-trendy Muppet humor to the masses, instead of trying to make them "cool" like in MWoO, IAVMMCM, or any of the Studio DCs. let's hope this rumor isn't true. :boo:
  18. Drtooth

I don't think there should be any thing to worry about with a second Studio DC. Disney Tween Pop shows still exist, but not to the extent they did back in 2005.
  19. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I loved Studio DC the first time it was on, but that's because I was like 12. If they were to make another I'm sure I'd hate it. Plus, the current Disney Channel stars are absolutely horrendous. Other than Good Luck, Charlie and Phineas & Ferb, Disney Channel has no appealing shows.
  20. dwmckim

The original Studio DC STILL hasn't been released on dvd in the US. That's a pretty good sign that further Studio DCs aren't anywhere on the radar.
    Drtooth likes this.