Rumor: Reporter Kermit Replica in 2009

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It would have been nice if they could have reworked Animal again. You know, make his mouth close all the way, and his eyes able to shut and open all the way without pinning them back. As well as giving him a chain and collar to boot would be nice. This is the one that needed to be more updated if any.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It would have been nice if they could have reworked Animal again. You know, make his mouth close all the way, and his eyes able to shut and open all the way without pinning them back. As well as giving him a chain and collar to boot would be nice. This is the one that needed to be more updated if any.
I can understand an exclusive Kermit reissue in reporter garb to invigorate the line for people who didn't catch on initially, but to reissue Animal or the rest would upset those who purchased the first one under the belief that he was limited edition. Ultimately that would weaken the line. Nonetheless it won't happen. I wish my Animal had a closing mouth too, but that ship has sailed. :halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
To be honest, I can't see them 're-working' Kermit, as such, just re-dressing and re-releasing him for those who didn't hop on the first time.

Bea:zany:{'hop' pun intended, of course.}regard

That said...I'd buy him...

Telly

Reaction score
I think I'd end up getting him. Not for myself but for either my rooommate or one of my friends who's a muppet fan. I think it's kind of a neat idea.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I def think this is a great idea! If there was remaking, retooling or a different version of any character to be released it should be Kermit. I was always hoping that a mega Reporter Kermit action figure would have been made, but this would be better!:smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I love this idea! I haven't been able to get any of the Master Replicas yet, but I think I would deffinitely have to save up for a Reporter Kermit.

I would really love to have Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie, if none of the others. I was hoping to dress them in their costumes from The Great Muppet Caper. I hope that's the version of Reporter Kermit that they go for.

Luke

Reaction score
I read over at Master Replicas according to their CS they arent making this, so sorry guys if its not the case - although as i said, it came from their distributor who is actually part of them. So with their internal changes who knows who's working off what hymn sheet, lol.

Seems to have a lot of backing here though, perhaps its something they should be doing.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I wonder what he CSTom meant by "News as it's approved" meant or I am just not comprehending it for some reason. I thought he was talking about Fozzie or something.....hmmm. :embarrassed:

CSTom's comment:

Originally Posted by CSTom
There aren't any plans to release this item. We're still working on Fozzie. News as it's approved

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: I still think this is where the figurines come in. I'd love to see a reporter Kermit figurine that could be paired up with the photographer Gonzo figurine (we never got from Palisades). Both would likely be big sellers as long as they looked good. Their current Mayhem (with the exception of Janice) look static and stiff, a half-hearted effort compared to their other products. Seeing action poses (fluidity of position and form) makes all the difference.

:wink: I'd also like to see Scooter entering a dressingroom door, Miss Piggy at her vanity (that could be paired with the Scooter) and Rowlf playing his upright (maybe with Robin sitting on top). There are some truly great pieces that can be done in figurine form and they can also use the popularity of Rowlf and Scooter to see if there would be enough support for full-on posers.

:embarrassed: Just the "if I were emperor of MR" sort of musings. Getting approval of these items is more difficult than typing ideas out on a forum.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder what he CSTom meant by "News as it's approved" meant or I am just not comprehending it for some reason. I thought he was talking about Fozzie or something.....hmmm. :embarrassed:

CSTom's comment:
Could it mean that CSTom knows lots of Muppet plans but cant tell us till it has been approved to be released?