Rumor: Muppets Stage Show

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
SSLFan beat me to it.

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! This is a confirmed rumor, according to Stitch Kingdom, (probably the most reliable online Disney fan website) that Disney HAS IN FACT made a fifteen minute segment seeing how the Muppets would work on stage.

I think they've been considering this ever since the great response from the Muppet's All-Star Comedy Gala last year in Montreal, (I still can't believe I missed it!) Remember when Disney bought the domain names MUPPETSONBROADWAY.COM and MUPPETSONTOUR.COM ? This must be it! Disney really wants to make this! Toughpigs reported that over a year ago, also via Stitch Kingdom.

I do hope this gets green-lighted in some way. If it's either a Broadway show, or a continuous travelling show, that would be amazing. :smile:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Wait, are they talking a show with the characters we all know and love, or a show with a bunch of new Muppets?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Probably pre-recorded voices of the Puppeteers, with other Muppet puppets lip-syncing to it. I'm unsure how this would work..maybe it would just be a one-week thing?

WillyThePig

Reaction score
Would it be like those stupid sesame street live things with drunk people in costumes or are we talking real puppeteers and real puppets? And would it be this new kiddie stuff Disney has been pumping out of the muppets lately or would it be more like classic muppet show?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea! Here's hoping I'd be able to get a ticket if it does happen.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I think it could happen.

For this, I'd actually be in favor of understudies over pre-recorded voices. This is live theater, not a childrens' costume character song and dance revue. It should all be live and spontaneous.

That said, I think that each performance should have at least one anchor performer, like Steve, Bill or Eric, to shepherd the production. Of course I'd prefer all the original performers, but that really doesn't seem feasible for 8 shows a week. Not even for a limited run. The technical aspects of such a show would prove to be a feat for even a young performer.

Anyway, I'd love this to happen. Maybe they can do limited stints of this every few years. Like a special treat for faithful fans and general audiences.

Those are my thoughts.