Rumor: John Denver & the Muppets Christmas DVD

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Jent and Rockie,

Re-read Phil's post again (#17). I think you missed something. :smirk: It's *definitely* not out now, nor is it going to be released this holiday season at all. So don't wear out the soles of your shoes looking for it anymore. :wink:

If it's released next year, MC will be among the first to let you know.

Take care!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than The Simpsons and Spongebob (I avoid Cabbage patch kids and Strawberry Shortcake at ALL costs) I have never seen ANY of these DVD's... Especially the Claymation Christmas special. My ever deteriorating copy can be tossed with assurance if I could find it, and my cousin would be so pleased!!!!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Other than The Simpsons and Spongebob (I avoid Cabbage patch kids and Strawberry Shortcake at ALL costs) I have never seen ANY of these DVD's... Especially the Claymation Christmas special. My ever deteriorating copy can be tossed with assurance if I could find it, and my cousin would be so pleased!!!!
Aw, I LOVE all those old Rankin-Bass claymation specials! We have most of them on tape from when they have been on TV, and we watch them all every year. :halo:
Erin

denkel7

Reaction score
Can anyone locate John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together? I have searched every store since November 4th to no avail. Any suggestions?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Denkel, PLEASE read all of the posts in a thread before posting. Phil already posted that this special is not being released on DVD, at least not this year.

That said, welcome to the forum. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You can probably find the CD of the show in stores. There are no plans for a home video or DVD release. I have changed the misleading title of this thread. Apparently a video store manager confused the Rocky Mountain Holiday with A Christmas Together. Rocky Mountain is packaged in the Holiday section in many stores - hence the confusion. The release of the more obscure special gives me hope that another one could come next year. However, I'm not surprised that Henson didn't want two competing new release Muppet Christmas DVDs. :smile:

denkel7

Reaction score
So sorry! I have re-read the two pages of threads that are in conjunction with where my message appears and I do not see a message from "Phil." I apologize if I have offended anyone by making them think I did not do my research. I have searched for a copy of this for many years (20+), so the news was an answered prayer for me. Reading "Phil's" message, certainly, would have saved me countless hours searching the net/combing my local merchants. Thanks for the information.

Ed man

Reaction score
I’m the one that should be apologizing; I’m the one who made the post to begin with. At the time, I had just received at work a list of movies set to be released. It showed a listing for DVD-John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. So I quickly posted the note. I guess since that time the study has decided not to release the dvd yet or the title was misprinted. Anyways, I’m sorry for all the trouble my post has brought up. I hope you can all forgive me.

I know from the past it is very difficult to trust anyone posting Muppet Releases. I would NEVER post anything just for the fact to trick anyone. I really thought the dvd release listing was true (it was in a Variety Article!) I wanted to be the first person to let ya’ll know and now it made me look like a liar. Oh well, I was the first person to list the release of the first John Denver and the Muppets DVD and when I posted it at first no one believed me until it was available. You win some you lose some when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Sorry once again, looking forward to what Muppety Goodness is left to be seen!
-Ed Man

Chilly Down

Reaction score
denkel7 said:
So sorry! I have re-read the two pages of threads that are in conjunction with where my message appears and I do not see a message from "Phil."
I apologize -- I forgot you might need some clarification since you're new. Phillip Chapman is the creator of this website and the head moderator of the forum. The Kermit logo he uses for his onscreen icon is very recognizable (when you've seen it a few times). When Phil says something, you know it's official.

Phil's post is #17 in this thread. See how there's a "#29" in the upper right corner of this message box? Well, scroll back till you see #17. On the left hand side of the screen, you'll see "Phillip Chapman" as the screenname, with a picture of Kermit below it. That's the post where Phil specifically says no DVD is forthcoming.

Sorry if I sounded a little irate in my post. I had just got done explaining the same thing to two other people. You may find the system a little tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it in time. No worries. :halo:

Jamie made an excellent point about the CD still being available in many stores; if not, try eBay or Half.com for that. And until its official release, you can head over to the "Wanted" section under "Collectibles" in this forum and see if someone is willing to trade with you for a VHS copy taped from TV.

Hope that helps. Happy hunting!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ed man said:
I’m the one that should be apologizing; I’m the one who made the post to begin with. At the time, I had just received at work a list of movies set to be released. It showed a listing for DVD-John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. So I quickly posted the note. I guess since that time the study has decided not to release the dvd yet or the title was misprinted. Anyways, I’m sorry for all the trouble my post has brought up. I hope you can all forgive me.

I know from the past it is very difficult to trust anyone posting Muppet Releases. I would NEVER post anything just for the fact to trick anyone. I really thought the dvd release listing was true (it was in a Variety Article!) I wanted to be the first person to let ya’ll know and now it made me look like a liar. Oh well, I was the first person to list the release of the first John Denver and the Muppets DVD and when I posted it at first no one believed me until it was available. You win some you lose some when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Sorry once again, looking forward to what Muppety Goodness is left to be seen!
-Ed Man
No worries. It was clear that there was no intention to mislead. You just got some bogus information. This stuff happens all the time. :smile: