1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Rumor: John Denver & the Muppets Christmas DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Ed man, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Ed man

Ed man New Member

:) Hey Guys!

I was at work today (Blockbuster) when we received our new listings magazine. This magazine, VB Video Business (a Variety Group Newsweekly Advertising mag) lists street dates for soon to be released dvds and films. Anways, the Aug. 18th issue is doing a special report on Christmas films to come out.

Of course it lists A Verry Merry Muppet Movie in it but it also has some surprises as well like Christmas with the Simpsons (Oct.14th release date), Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas (including the Halloween and Easter special as well -Sept. 16th) and Spongebob Squarepants Christmas (Sept. 30th). Who could live without Cabbage Patch Kids-Vernon's Christmas (Oct. 28th) and Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Merry Christmas (Oct. 14th).

Anyways, back to the point...it lists "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" to be released Nov. 4th. It lists the vhs as $12.95 and $19.95 DVD. :) It lists it under the Columbia TriStar Holiday-Themed Kids & Family Releases! Guess there is more Muppet Goodness to come!
  2. Animal

Animal New Member

WOW!!!!! :halo:
    Another GREAT news. I just knew that this special would come out, now that we also gets "Rocky Mountain Holiday". Absolutely perfect!!!
    Thanks for letting us know!

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:
  3. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Wow! This is fabulous news. Neither of the John Denver specials ever air on TV like the rest of the Muppet specials, so it's quite a treat that fans will finally be able to get them both. Imagine: we'll get to buy 2 Muppet Christmas DVDs in one year! :excited:

I've never seen the Rocky Mountain special, but I hear it's very good. I personally found the Christmas special to be quite dull at parts (not enough Muppets, not enough story, too much John Denver). But there are certainly some classic moments, like the "5 Days of Christmas" number and the beautiful Nativity scene at the end. And it's a fan favorite that has been requested for years, even more so than Rocky Mountain. So for this to finally be released is a good thing.

I hope there might be some extra features, but I'm not holding my breath. :smirk: As long as it's complete and uncut.
  4. Tom, don't worry. You are sure to thoroughly enjoy "Rocky Mountain Holiday".

Really!

You are!

:)

I think it is just absolutely wonderful, and, like you, I'm quite disappointed in the "Christmas Together" special. So you should rully like RMH!

:D
  5. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

do you think this has anything to do with the henson buyback
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, I didn't much care for John Denver: A Christmas Together. It was, as has already been said, quite dull.

But, I did see Rocky Mountain Holiday at the store today. I'll be buying that soon. Along with SAtoryteller.
  7. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Cool! Are you living in next week?
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

*low chuckle*

*it sounds like "hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm"*

Can't wait to see these. And even if I only watch the JD/Christmas Together DVD once, it'll be worth it to HAVE seen it. Ya know?
  9. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I have never seen or heard "Rocky Mountain Holiday," and I would definitely love to get that. John Denver died ***much*** too young... :cry: I'd also like to see "Christmas Together," as I listen to it frequently at Christmastime but have never seen it.
    Erin
  10. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Fantastic News !

Wow, What a year to be a Muppet fan !

see ya
  11. KingPrawn

KingPrawn New Member

So if the Denver/Muppets Christmas Together appears on this list, does that mean it is *definitely* going to be released, no question?
  12. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

The album was nice to listen to, though. I bought the CD when it was released/reissued by LaserLight in 1996. Proceeds from the CD benefit an environmental charity group endorsed by John Denver.
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just wanted to mention that this DVD is not yet listed on Columbia's release schedule. Currently the schedule goes through the end of November and the John Denver Christmas special is nowhere to be found on their list. Maybe Columbia is distributing it, but it's being manufactured by someone else. Doesn't make a lot of sense though. I will post here if it does show up on their list. Hopefully it is still in the works. It doesn't seem very likely though.
  14. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

Let's hope it gets released too! I'd like to place it alongside the Rocky Mountain DVD I bought two weeks ago--very enjoyable. :)
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Well Tough Pigs mention its coming out. They said it was. Novmber (whatever day it said). But they said it was coming out. So to my knowedgle it coming out.
  16. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Cool. I would love to see it, though I've heard it's not so great... But I want to see it anyway! It's the same program the "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" came from, right? I have that album and *love* it. One of my most-played at Christmas.
    Erin
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I mentioned this a month ago, but I wanted to confirm again that the John Denver Christmas special IS NOT on Colubmia's release list through the first week of January. So it's obviously not being released on DVD this year. I wish it wasn't true, but it is.
  18. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Yeah, it seems like the dude who was working at Blockbuster was having his chain yanked by his co-worker. :boo: :grouchy:

Oh, well. We've got a ton of good Muppet DVDs for this holiday season already. This one can always wait till next year.
  19. jentibs

jentibs New Member

Can you provide more details!?!

Well, if anyone hears more about "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" being released, let us know. I am so disappointed to hear it may not be true. It is one of my favorites...
  20. Rockie

Rockie New Member

I have been on the look out for this DVD/VHS!!!

I would like to know as well, if possible, if anyone comes across this special!

I have been searching for the last 7 years..

Thanks,