Rumor: John Denver & the Muppets Christmas DVD

Ed man

Reaction score
:smile: Hey Guys!

I was at work today (Blockbuster) when we received our new listings magazine. This magazine, VB Video Business (a Variety Group Newsweekly Advertising mag) lists street dates for soon to be released dvds and films. Anways, the Aug. 18th issue is doing a special report on Christmas films to come out.

Of course it lists A Verry Merry Muppet Movie in it but it also has some surprises as well like Christmas with the Simpsons (Oct.14th release date), Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas (including the Halloween and Easter special as well -Sept. 16th) and Spongebob Squarepants Christmas (Sept. 30th). Who could live without Cabbage Patch Kids-Vernon's Christmas (Oct. 28th) and Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Merry Christmas (Oct. 14th).

Anyways, back to the point...it lists "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" to be released Nov. 4th. It lists the vhs as $12.95 and $19.95 DVD. :smile: It lists it under the Columbia TriStar Holiday-Themed Kids & Family Releases! Guess there is more Muppet Goodness to come!

Animal

Reaction score
WOW!!!!! :halo:
Another GREAT news. I just knew that this special would come out, now that we also gets "Rocky Mountain Holiday". Absolutely perfect!!!
Thanks for letting us know!

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Wow! This is fabulous news. Neither of the John Denver specials ever air on TV like the rest of the Muppet specials, so it's quite a treat that fans will finally be able to get them both. Imagine: we'll get to buy 2 Muppet Christmas DVDs in one year! :excited:

I've never seen the Rocky Mountain special, but I hear it's very good. I personally found the Christmas special to be quite dull at parts (not enough Muppets, not enough story, too much John Denver). But there are certainly some classic moments, like the "5 Days of Christmas" number and the beautiful Nativity scene at the end. And it's a fan favorite that has been requested for years, even more so than Rocky Mountain. So for this to finally be released is a good thing.

I hope there might be some extra features, but I'm not holding my breath. :smirk: As long as it's complete and uncut.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Tom, don't worry. You are sure to thoroughly enjoy "Rocky Mountain Holiday".

Really!

You are!

:smile:

I think it is just absolutely wonderful, and, like you, I'm quite disappointed in the "Christmas Together" special. So you should rully like RMH!

:big_grin:

Aaron

Reaction score
do you think this has anything to do with the henson buyback

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't much care for John Denver: A Christmas Together. It was, as has already been said, quite dull.

But, I did see Rocky Mountain Holiday at the store today. I'll be buying that soon. Along with SAtoryteller.

Gonzo

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Cool! Are you living in next week?
*low chuckle*

*it sounds like "hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm"*

Can't wait to see these. And even if I only watch the JD/Christmas Together DVD once, it'll be worth it to HAVE seen it. Ya know?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I have never seen or heard "Rocky Mountain Holiday," and I would definitely love to get that. John Denver died ***much*** too young... :cry: I'd also like to see "Christmas Together," as I listen to it frequently at Christmastime but have never seen it.
Erin

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Fantastic News !

Wow, What a year to be a Muppet fan !

see ya