Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The best part was that Caroll mentioned he has a contract for several more years on the show and that Big Bird still gets fan mail from kids (still as much as he used to and even with Elmo today).
I thought most Muppet performers aren't under contract, regardless of whether they work for Sesame Workshop, The Muppet Studios, or The Jim Henson Company.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think Katy Perry's dressed a little too provocatively for an appearance on a kiddie show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're talking about someone who sang a song called "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked it." :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Indeed. But still, I mean, she could've toned her outfit down if she was going to appear on a kiddie show.

But that could be just me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I checked the website and despite BB not getting much airtime, the season sounds pretty good. I'm assuming they meant to say 'Herry (Monster)' when they described 'Harry' as Oscar's employee. It will be good to see him and Bert in a street scene.

It's also nice to see Barkley and a Telly and Oscar moment. Looks like we do have some good things in store for the next season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, really, I've been watching more old school SST lately (not just the DVD sets, but like old tapes and everything), and I noticed something I haven't seen in a long time that I really miss - kids actually wanting Big Bird to play with them, in one way or another.

Not even verbally, like in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, a little girl is wanting Big Bird to skate with her, while he nervously clings to the side railing, afraid he'll slip and fall; the little girl looks disappointed that Big Bird won't skate with her, so he tries to conquer his fear of falling to cheer her up.

Whatever happened to that? In fact, not just Big Bird really, but almost all of the Muppet characters... you watch footage from the 70s and 80s, and the kids they have on the set are obviously genuinely happy to be with their Muppet friends, and are really having a good time... nowadays, it seems like the kids are just there... they don't necessarily have a good time... there might be SOME genuine feelings sometimes... like in A Celebration of Me, Grover, one girl seemed to get a kick out of giving Grover a big hug in the garden, or from the Season 36 premiere, the little visit Antonio seemed to be having a good time with Papa Bear talking about the muscles they built up from exercizing. But other than that, the kids really don't seem to be enjoying themselves anymore... even the "You're the best monster I've ever met" moonlight chat with Grover seemed somewhat forced.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Indeed. But still, I mean, she could've toned her outfit down if she was going to appear on a kiddie show.

But that could be just me.
Snowth! I agree with you on this one! I'm wondering if maybe she was just dressed that way for the photos and would be dressed differently for the actual episode (perhaps dressed as a giant triangle or a cheese, that tends to happen to guest stars). I think it's a little too out there for Sesame Street (although they are an all-embracing show.)

Now, I heard that Gaga was doing a Word on the Street section...(I kid.)

zns

Reaction score
I think a lot of it as to do with the fact that the studio can't have kids messing around on the set like they used to in the first 30 years. Ohter shows like Barney :smile:boo::boo::boo:) hired professional kids to act instead of be themselves. Ssame Street still does some of that in their episodes today, although just not as much.

Once again, Big Bird will never be gone from Ssame Street. He is still labeled as on of the shows top characters along side of Elmo. I think that is the main thing people are constantly looking over.