Rugrats voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is that popular cartoon on Nickelodeon, Rugrats. About the life and the adventures of a group of babies. This series featured a quite a few well known voice artists and actors like Jack Riley, Melanie Chartoff, Debbie Reynolds, and the late David Doyle.

E.G. DAILY: Tommy Pickles, Susie Carmichael(substitute voice)
CHRISTINE CAVANAUGH: Chuckie Finster(first voice)
NANCY CARTWRIGHT: Chuckie Finster(second voice)
KATH SOUCIE: Phil, Lil, and Betty DeVille
CHERYL CHASE: Angelica Pickles
CREE SUMMER: Susie Carmichael
TARA STRONG: Dil Pickles
DIONNE QUAN: Kimi Finster
JACK RILEY: Stu Pickles
MELANIE CHARTOFF: Didi Pickles, Grandma Minka Kerpackter
DAVID DOYLE: Grandpa Lou Pickles(first voice)
JOE ALASKEY: Grandpa Lou Pickles(second voice)
DEBBIE REYNOLDS: Grandma Lulu Pickles
MICHAEL BELL: Chas Finster, Drew Pickles, Grandpa Boris Kerpackter
TRESS MacNEILLE: Charolotte Pickles
JULIA KATO: Kira Finster
PHIL PROCTOR: Howard DeVille
RON GLASS: Randy Carmichael
CHERYL CARTER: Lucy Carmichael(first voice)
LISA DINKINS: Lucy Carmichael(substitute voice)
HATTIE WINSTON: Lucy Carmichael(The Rugrats Movie)
ANDREA MARTIN: Aunt Miriam
STACY KEACH: Grandpa Marvin Finster
MIRIAM MARGOLYES: Grandma Shirley Finster
RENE AUBERJONOIS: Jonathan(first voice)
DAN CASTELLANETA: Jonathan(second voice)

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, those earlier episodes were pretty good. Oddly more adult than the one where they grew up. Hows that for a total paradox.

I think Nancy did a better job copying Christine's voice as Chucky than Candi Milo did with Dexter. It's a shame she no longer does VO anymore. i really miss her voice. Especially as Gosalyn.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I love Rugrats, but I grew up with the first seasons :smile:. Everything was pretty good pre-Dill :smile:. I always liked it for the cuteness factor, the twins are my favorite :3

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I LOVED Rugrats, it was my all-time favorite cartoon show growing up, right up there with Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers and Tiny Toon Adventures. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm actually a huge fan of E.G. Daily and have to admit I do have a bit of a crush on her, :flirt: .

She also voices Babe, Powerpuff girl Buttercup and many more. What a talent, I just totally love her,:flirt: .

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aww, I've watched this show as long as I can remember. Drtooth, I think you're right, the older I got, the less original the episodes got... I sort of stopped being a hardcore fan after they did the movie; although I have seen it, and Rugrats in Paris, and the crossover they did with the Wild Thornberries.

My favourite episode is probably the one where they get locked in the attic and Tommy's grandpa on his mum's side tells the story of Passover. I was too young to realise that he was talking in a stereotypical Jewish voice, but now that I think back, there was alot of thought put into that episode.

Edit: Oh my gosh, Tress Macneille is Angelica's mom? Now that you mention it, it's so obvious! Even when was a kid I knew her voice and I heard it everywhere, even if I didn't know her name (like on Tiny Toon adventures, for one). That is awesome!

Xerus

Reaction score
I kind of preferred the Rugrats when Dill and Kimi weren't introduced to the series. And I felt the All Growed Up special should've been just a one time thing, not a regular series.