Muppy or Rufus

• Muppy

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Rufus

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
After re-watching some of the first season, and I use some lightly, as my disc are very damaged, I managed to see some of Muppy's... best? interactions... Biting the frog out of the frog, constantly. This makes me wonder, why did they promote Muppy so much? He's violent, and from the first episode, egotistical. Rufus was so much more entertaining. And cleaner looking too. Muppy, for the first few seasons, had those creepy taxidermy eyes.

So which do you prefer, Muppet Central? Muppy or Rufus?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rufus is how I first got to know the character, if only because since I was a little kid, I had the Valentine pilot taped off Nick@Nite.

Come to think of it, this isn't the first name (or character) change controversy: some find there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to change Barkley's name from Woof-Woof.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Rufus is how I first got to know the character, if only because since I was a little kid, I had the Valentine pilot taped off Nick@Nite.

Come to think of it, this isn't the first name (or character) change controversy: some find there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to change Barkley's name from Woof-Woof.
Well, Rufus is a completely different dog from Muppy. Muppy has a visiable snout and Rufus has a more rounded head. You can see both in Muppets Take Manhattan.

jobi71

Reaction score
I knew Muppy before Rufus, so that's where my allegiance is. Muppy's scruffy look made it easy to use a real dog for long shots. And yes he was a bit nippy at times, but he was downright sweet in scenes with Twiggy, Zero Mostel and Roy Clark.