Rowlf Contest?

Joggy

Reaction score
"Entries will be posted in our "Ode to Rowlf" contest later this week."

Until yesterday, it said they would be posted today? Why's the delay? Just wonderin'...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jogchem,

There are some things we are finishing up in order for the "Ode to Rowlf" contest to enter the next phase. The top eight entries will be announced as soon as possible. As originally planned, everyone will be able to vote for 72 hours (3 days) after the finalists are announced. The exact details of how all this will work will be announced as soon as everything is ready. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

DreaminMage

Reaction score
about the contest

I'm just wondering, is it taking a bit because of the amount of enteries?? Are we allowed to know how many people sent one in??

Thanks in advance,

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, is it taking a bit because of the amount of enteries?? Are we allowed to know how many people sent one in??
That's a good question, but i would think that we can not know the total amount,at least untill after the winner is picked, i would also like to know if the topped 8 picked will have there names on them or not when everyone votes? because they did not have them for the staff to see, i mean this isn't a poplarity contest, We just have to be patient and i'm sure Phil will fill us in:wink:

Zachary

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
We just have to be patience and i'm sure Phil will fill us in:wink:
Zachary
I knew a girl named "Patience" once.

I didn't meet the deadline, I was on a boat. Did you enter Zack? You BETTER HAD!! :smile:

FOZ

DreaminMage

Reaction score
hmmm

i entered,

it also says in the list of info that no names will be on the works when they are being showed, just title and work.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I didn't meet the deadline, I was on a boat. Did you enter Zack? You BETTER HAD!!
I'm sorry you missed it Kevin, at least it wasn't a fozzie one thought, but still, i'm sorry, maybe there will be more contest later on like this one.

Zack)Rowlf the, and yes, LOL, i did enter.Dog.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I could understand that rule. Then, you can't show favoritism.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The top eight finalists and their "Odes to Rowlf" will be announced on the front of Muppet Central tomorrow morning (around 9 am Central Standard Time). Everyone will have a chance to vote on their favorite ode for three days until Monday morning. The procedures for the voting will be outlined tomorrow as well.

As was mentioned above, our target date to get these on-line was today and for voting to continue for three days until Sunday. We appreciate everyone's understanding with the minor change of the voting beginning tomorrow morning and continuing for three days until Monday morning. The winner will be announced on Monday as planned.

In response to DreaminMage's question, yes we will announce how many odes were submitted tomorrow when the eight finalists are announced. We want to thank everyone for participating. The entries were fantastic and I'm sure everyone will enjoy reading the top eight "Odes to Rowlf".

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
..but they WILL be nameless at first, right??? Like Zack said- we don't want to turn this into a popularity contest.

Also, is there a rule about how long you have to have been posting here before you're eligible to vote? We don't want people creating new accounts or having friends & family suddenly joining in just to vote for theirs.

Just trying to keep the playing field as even as possible....:big_grin: