Rosita appreciation thread

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey all,
IMHO, Rosita is one of the few enjoyable newer Muppets on SS. She's cute, spunky, and beautifully performed by Carmen Oshbar. I wasn't a big fan of her at first, but I really started to like her. Carmen has a great singing voice, as we know from "Sticky Tape" and "Many Ways To Say I Love You" from last night. Anybody else like Rosita? Post your thoughts here!

Thijs

Reaction score
I love especially her singing voice. One of the best of SS.

Hays

Reaction score
I really like Rosita; the design of the puppet is terrific, and I think Carmen Oshbar does a great job with her; she has a great rapport with kids which has been missing from Sesame Street since Jim Henson (except for, of course, the birdketeers and grouchketeers with Caroll Spinney.)

It was an interesting choice to have a monster specifically from Mexico; none of the other monsters seem to be from anywhere in particular.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I feel that Rosita is way under-used. In the Spanish Word of the Day segments, you would think that would be a Rosita-only segment, but no, Maria and Grover steal her thunder.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I LOVE ROSITA.
But, then, I love multi-talented Muppets.
She speaks Spanish AND monster, plays guitar, & sings. I think she's very funny and very real.....Not overly cutesy, like Zoe & Elmo can be.

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
. I think she's very funny and very real.....Not overly cutesy, like Zoe & Elmo can be.
I definitley agree. I really enjoyed the episode from last season where Luis taught her how to play guitar.

Erine81981

Reaction score
She's a fruit Bat. Says so in the Sesame Street Unpaved book.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
She was originally conceived as a fruit bat, but then changed into a monster.

I love her design; she's very unique. Her eyes are connected, her mouth is wider, and she has wings (which, unfortunately, were removed; why?). And she's turquoise; usually monsters are clearly blue, red, orange, etc., but she's a mix of blue and green, and there's rarely any green monsters on the Street (at least, not main characters).