Roosevelt Franklin may return in Sesame Street Season 45

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can't imagine his appearance being anything more than a cameo, but still, awesome. It's too bad he didn't make a cameo in the Paul Rudd ep. Why would they have the puppet there if they weren't gonna use it?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm really crossing my fingers for this one. Roosevelt Franklin was one of my favorite, if not the favorite, SST characters. I never really saw him as un-PC, what the big issue was was his misbehaving and wild classroom. Still, he's an awesome character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't imagine his appearance being anything more than a cameo, but still, awesome. It's too bad he didn't make a cameo in the Paul Rudd ep. Why would they have the puppet there if they weren't gonna use it?
That was such a disappointment and a lost opportunity. Considering the last photo op he had, he didn't appear in the episode, I'm not surprised if it's the case too.

Though, it is an anniversary milestone season (which has to be by fives for some reason), and some Easter Eggs like the last time wouldn't sound out of the question. Hopefully it will be more character appearances and less background inside jokes you can't see unless you have a high quality TV and a good freeze frame and squint real hard at.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I would love to see a classic Sesame Street character return!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
hmm interesting cameo or speaking appearance its just refreshing and nice to see a character like Roosevelt could be making an appearance next season quite exciting wonder who else might show up for Sesame Street's big 45

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know, I would rather have a few more street stories with Big Bird Oscar, Grover, Ernie & Bert. I mean bringing back Roosevelt would be nice, but I really think they could do more with them first before bringing back someone who we have not seen since the 700's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
hmm interesting cameo or speaking appearance its just refreshing and nice to see a character like Roosevelt could be making an appearance next season quite exciting wonder who else might show up for Sesame Street's big 45
I honestly think that waiting every 5 years for an anniversary celebration to use classic characters to fill out crowd scenes is a wasted concept that they should be doing in every episode that calls for a crowd. Silent or otherwise. Personally, I don't see why we don't have major establishing shots with characters' heads poking out of windows or just walking by most of the time. Best we get are generic monsters and AM's. And half the classic characters are AM's.