Rix Playing Cards

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I recently purchased the two decks of Muppet Show playing cards put out by Rix and I think that they are very disappointing. It seemed that Rix just slapped the faces of random Muppets onto the face cards without really thinking it through. Most collectable decks of cards have images on every card, but this deck is different. The only muppets pictured are on the face cards. And the characters depicted make no sense. Rizzo as a queen? Janice as the queen to her love Bunsen?

I wish that Rix or a new company would make a set of playing cards that paid more attention to the interests of the Muppet fan. I think that the new set should have images of muppets on the face cards, aces, jokers, and the 8's , as well as the same picture on the rest of the cards

Here is who I think should have been pictured:
Jokers: Statler and Waldorf (That is the one thing I liked about the Rix deck)

Hearts: Kermit as King, Miss Piggy as Queen, Fozzie as Jack, Bunsen on ace, Beaker on 8

Diamonds: Floyd as King, Janice as Queen, Animal as Jack, Dr. Teeth on ace, Zoot on 8

Clubs: Rowlf as King, Foo Foo as Queen, Scooter as Jack, Sweetums on ace, Robin on 8

Spades:Gonzo as King, Camilla as Queen, Rizzo as Jack, Swedish Chef on ace, Sam on 8