RIP Tom Petty

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was hoping he would pull through, but the cardiac arrest was too much for him.
Tom Petty, 66, rock legend, passed away an hour ago.

Leader of the Heartbreakers, part of the supergroup The Traveling Wilburys, (up there now with Roy Orbison and George Harrison), he sang, wrote songs, and played that 12-string Rickenbacker like it was nobody's business.

My two favorite tracks: "Don't Come Around Here No More". Still have the single when it came out spring '85. Multitracked sitars, and groovy psychedelic video.

" King of the Hill," fantastic duet with his idol Roger McGuinn.

Thanks for all the decades of great music Tom. I've been following you since I was 17, and you never got stale. Peace.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was hoping he would pull through, but the cardiac arrest was too much for him.
Tom Petty, 66, rock legend, passed away an hour ago.

Leader of the Heartbreakers, part of the supergroup The Traveling Wilburys, (up there now with Roy Orbison and George Harrison), he sang, wrote songs, and played that 12-string Rickenbacker like it was nobody's business.

My two favorite tracks: "Don't Come Around Here No More". Still have the single when it came out spring '85. Multitracked sitars, and groovy psychedelic video.

" King of the Hill," fantastic duet with his idol Roger McGuinn.

Thanks for all the decades of great music Tom. I've been following you since I was 17, and you never got stale. Peace.
Oops, I didn't realize someone else was gonna do this thread when I posted mine. Sorry, :\