1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

RIP Muppet/Fraggle Producer Diana Birenfield

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by dwayne1115, Nov 26, 2012.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

vettech28 likes this.
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I agree! We lost Jerry Nelson, Kevin resigned from SS, Emily Squire... gone and the driving force, Diana Birenfield, who worked with Jerry and his friends will now meet Jerry. That's... (sniffs) that's sad, but she had a great life. That includes Jerry Nelson too.
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Before anybody says anything... see? Not my words. This is what everybody has been saying.

At any rate, yes, Birkenfield's involvement with the Muppets dates way, way, WAAAAAY back (The Muppet Valentine's Show is the earliest I can think of off the top of my head); I've notice hers and Jim's positions tended to flip-flop, depending on the production - either he produced while she executive produced, or vice-versa.
  4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

She also served as the "assistant to the producer" on The Jimmy Dean Show and she was also one of the actresses who appeared on Timepiece.

This is so upsetting. :cry: [​IMG]
    Rest in peace, Diana. I hope you enjoy heaven with Jerry Nelson and the others.
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Even though I was completely ignorant of who this woman was before I read this, anytime I hear about a loss it makes me sad for the people who knew and cared for that person. I'm sorry to hear of yet another great mind snatched out from under us. Here's to her and hers.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I really oughta start learning more about the producers and directors and stuff behind Muppet productions...they all seem to be passing, and I never heard of half of them...it's sad on my part.

But I know, however, that Diana really made a difference in the world by being a behind the scenes person within the Muppet world. And she will be missed for the impact that she made.
  7. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

A sad year for the Muppet crew indeed. Well, my thoughts and prayers are to everyone still mourning the loss of Jerry Nelson, still reeling from Kevin's resignation and the circumstances behind it and now grieving the loss of Emily Squires and now Diana.

Sending prayers their way.
  8. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

What eles can go wrong?
  9. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I read somewhere last night that Judy Freudberg died this year also. She was one of the main writers of Sesame Street. A sad year for Sesame Street all around.
  10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I saw that on a newspaper while I was in summer camp.