RIP Judy Freudberg

Hubert

Reaction score
Another important person in Sesame Street history, Judy Freudberg, has passed away. Though we may not know her name all that much, she really made a difference behind the scenes, writing many of our favorite episodes of SST, co-creating and head writing Elmo's World, writing SST storybooks and songs, writing specials such as Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting and probably most notably, co-writing Follow That Bird.

I think after all that she deserves a proper memorial thread...so let's remember Judy and reflect on all the work she has done.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww man... not only that, but both she and Tony Geiss actually wrote the screenplays for a number of Don Bluth movies, including An American Tail and The Land Before Time.

Dang, look at all that we've lost this year so far: Judy Freudberg, Robin Gibb, Bob Welch, Richard Dawson, Maurice Sendak, George Lindsey, Davy Jones, among others... this is shaping up to be a really bad year. :frown:

bandit

Reaction score
:/ That's always a shame to hear. The team's taken another loss.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
When I saw this, I thought it was such a huge shame. What a loss. And not that old either.