RIP Debbie Reynolds

Schfifty

Reaction score
No! Not Debbie Reynolds! :cry:

I guess this now makes Rita Moreno the last remaining cast member of Singin' in the Rain...

mr3urious

Reaction score
On the one hand, she was 84, and it was inevitable. But on the other, it's so eerie that this happened the day after her daughter died. :cry:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow, this is so sad. I grew up seeing her on "Singin' in the Rain", she was incredibly talented and you can clearly see why she became such a big star.

I know she was in her 80s and she had been suffering from health problems for a while, so i'm guessing that Carrie Fisher's death was just too much for her. My heart goes out to their family right now, I know Carrie was very close to her brother, so to lose her and his mother within the span of a day has to be completely devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, and I hope they get through this terrible time.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The last time I remember the shock of a family member dying causing another to die, June Carter Cash's death led Johnny Cash to his grave. He didn't die overnight, but he was up there in years, had his share of health problems, but his broken heart did him in.
The Man in Black, tough as nails, couldn't go on without her.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Debbie Reynolds was also the voice of Charlotte in Charlotte's Web, whose character also had an inevitable death (though by natural causes rather than a stroke). But this song Charlotte sang shows that we can't possibly stay miserable forever. :smile: