RIP Alan Thicke (1947-2016)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha?! Aw man. Just saw him last Thursday on the TV airing of the Dan Lebitar Show on ESPN-U, after he had been honored with the prestigious Canadian Icon of Entertainment award.

Hope some Canadian sports team gets named the Battling Beavers in his honor.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Last night one of my friends posted a link to TMZ news about Alan Thicke's death. Now TMZ news is known for spreading rumors ,so at first I told my friend to not take it seriously.. Someone else posted a more reliable source & then Facebook started posting links. Then I knew it was true. R.I.P. Mr. Thicke.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow, I really wasn't expecting this news at all. He was still very active, so like many of the celebrity deaths this year, this is very shocking.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Being a celebrity doesn't give you any insurance against death. We all have to go sometime. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. It is sad when a celebrity dies, but we will all face that day sometime.

It might be hard for some, coming to grips with our own mortality. Nobody wants to get old. Nobody wants to get sick. Nobody wants to die, but we do!
Someone on here posted earlier this year they didn't like death, so they're not going to die.Good luck with making that work.
Even JESUS had to die.
And some get especially upset when anyone connected with the Muppets passes away. If anyone guested on the Muppet Show (most recently Florence Henderson) their passing makes some people immobilized, like it's an unbearable tragedy.
Jonathan Winters passing away at 90. Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Death is the harshest reality, but will come to everybody. You and me included. Not even a Muppet connection can bestow immortality on you.
But death is not the end. Leaving this earthly plane to spend eternity in God's heavenly kingdom, where there will be no more pain or suffering, no more tears, who wouldn't want that? Eternal peace, you wanna pass that up?

We're only here for a short time. It will go by faster than you think.
Then those who leave us go to a better place. I've said goodbye to enough friends and family, but goodbye is not forever. Just for now.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Forget Growing Pains, I always remember Alan Thicke for Not Quite Human and And You Thought Your Parents Were Weird!

mr3urious

Reaction score
To game show fans, Alan Thicke was also responsible for composing "Big Wheels", the original theme to Wheel of Fortune hosted by Chuck Woolery. Too bad the producers refuse to acknowledge anything from Wheel earlier than 1983. :mad:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, to me as a game show fan, I'll always remember Alan Thicke as the host of Animal Crack-Ups with his puppeteered stuffed hedgehog sidekick.