Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I feel the opposite. I know there's people who love him and all but... ugh, I cannot stand the man. To have a small cameo like he almost did in the last film is tolerable, but THE HUMAN LEAD?!...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'd be excited to see him. His work on The Office and Extras (oh my goodness I love Extras) shows that he can definitely play a deadpan character, which could help him with the craziness of the Muppets. Plus he's funny.

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't like the fact that we have three human leads in this.

But as for Mr. Gervais, I don't mind him much, and I would be satisfied with him in the movie...nothing great, but not the worst choice on the block, at least.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Three leads? I thought there were two in Ty Burrell and now possibly Gervais since Christopher Waltz had to drop out. Am I forgetting someone or did Waltz not back out?

Hubert

Reaction score
Three leads? I thought there were two in Ty Burrell and now possibly Gervais since Christopher Waltz had to drop out. Am I forgetting someone or did Waltz not back out?
The article linked above mentioned that Gervais would serve as one of the three human leads in the film.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I'm not surprised there is going to be a third role, since the studio probably wants a female character in there along with Gervais and Burrell. Three human leads does seem a bit top-heavy, but we still know very little about the plot at this point, so the importance of the roles isn't too clear yet.

Hubert

Reaction score
That is true, I just hope they don't make it too human heavy. I want this movie to focus more on the Muppets than on Ty Burrell and Ricky Gervais. We already had enough of overusing humans with Gary and Mary last time...