Review of Spy Muppets in Electronic Gaming Monthly

dmx10101

Reaction score
In the new issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (which I have a subscription too) March 2004, they have a review of the GBA game Spy Muppets: Licence to Croak.

Caution: this review is harsh.

It's in "The Rest Of The Crap" section of the mag. Here's some of what it said- "Spy Muppets:License to Croak is an uninspired series of minigames that range from confrontationally boring to just regular boring. So, if you need something to help you sleep or always wished you could hate the Muppets a little bit more, try it out." "Bottom Line- Spy Muppets' minigmaes actually offer a lot of variety, but the again so does a handful of candy-colored prescription drugs."

dmx10101

Reaction score
This review is serious, pick up the March copy of Electronic Gaming Monthly if you don't believe me.

Klonoa

Reaction score
There may be some truth in that review. Muppets haven't had a very good history when it comes to video games with that license.

Fortunately, not all Muppet games are bad. At E3 I played Muppet Race Mayhem. I didn't like it then, but it may have been an early version. After reading the review of it here, I may try and track down a copy and try it again.

I do free-lance writing in my spare time, and right now I'm working on a review of Muppet Party Cruise (PS2, GC) for a gaming Web site for parents. Even though it's a me-too party game, Muppet Party Cruise really isn't all that bad. At least the production values are high. When the review I write gets posted, I can post the link here if you like.

--Klonoa
Have an armadilly day!

dmx10101

Reaction score
I liked Party Cruise, I play it still. I want a copy of that racing game for PS1.