Return to the Magic (Fraggle Fanfic)

christyb

Reaction score
End of Chapter Seven

All eleven of them went rolling down the tunnel until they came at a landing thud at the bottom. Everyone was moaning and groaning while getting up. When the Fraggle Five realized who they had bumped into, they stood just as stunned as they had when they first beheld Amy.

“Uncle Matt? You’re alive!!!” Gobo stated excitedly.

“Gobo! It’s so good to see you” Matt returned just as excitedly while adjusting his hat.

After exchanging welcomes from everyone, Matt went into a long epic of how he battled a fierce hairy beast and overcame a Silly Creature and convinced her to bring him home. The fraglets listened in amazement while Red and Amy exchanged annoyed looks.

“Some things never change,” Red said and rolled her eyes.

“Hypnotized me? Matt aren’t you exaggerating a little?” Amy said.

“No, I never exaggerate. Now as I was saying….” Matt continued as everyone walked back home.

Amy just ignored Matt and continued to walk on. It didn’t make sense. She kept muttering what the Trash Heap had said….

[song ‘Bring Back The Wonder’ enters the scene while the cast is walking with the Trash Heap ending with the following…]

Look In Your Heart.​

To Help A Dying Treasure​

Then You Will Find The Key,​

The Magic…​

And Help Your Family.​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey. Good. Please, may we have some more?
Just post when ready.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter 8

Well Chapter 8 was huge. Then I toned it down. Then I made it huge again. Then I cut some out. Anyway :big_grin: Here's Chapter 8...

Chapter Eight

Night had fallen upon the Rock and everyone parted with promises to get together the next day and figure out the mystery. All were in wonder at what had just happened. Gobo wanted to go on trying to solve but it was just too late in the evening. It was time to get the fraglets to bed and themselves for that matter. Red had invited Amy to stay with her and Sky in her old cave. Mokey had fixed it up for Red in honor of her homecoming. Goodnights were exchanged and the friends parted. Each of the parents gently pushing their protesting children ahead. Soon all were at home and beginning to do their nightly duties. In a little while everyone had settled in and was quickly fast asleep that is everyone except one.

Amy laid awake from her make-shift bed on the floor. Scenes of what had just happened played over and over in her head. After what seemed like hours and hours of tossing and turning Amy gave up on getting any sleep at all. Tossing back the blanket, she quietly stood up and tiptoed out of the cave. She peeked one last time at the sleeping fraggles and walked off. She walked the tunnels with her hands shoved inside of her pockets and kicking a small rock in front of her. Some time later she leaned against a tunnel wall, sighed, and sat down. Her body felt a cross from exhaustion and desperation. She had no idea what to do as she laid her head into her hands. Fairly soon another memory was creeping back to the surface. Something she did not want to remember at all.

“Fraggles? I’ve never heard of anything stupider. And you actually think they’re real!” a young girl said to her host and playmate for the day.

“I never said that. It’s just a story my Uncle told me once that all. I don’t believe in them! Not one bit!” a younger version of Amy said with her eyes watering up with tears.

Sometime later the other girl left and Amy and her Uncle were left alone in the house. Doc was looking furiously for something that he had lost.

“Amy you wouldn’t have seen the Fraggle hole would you? I can’t seem to find it anywhere,” Doc asked while kneeling down peering at where the hole used to be located.

“No, Uncle Doc. Fraggles are silly anyway,” the young Amy retorted.

“Amy! I never want to hear you say anything like that again in my presence! You watch what you’re saying. You never know the power a few simple words have”

Amy lifted her hand to wipe the tears from her eyes. She wondered where that memory had raised its ugly head. She shook her head at the truth in her Uncle’s words. Deep down inside she knew who had closed the bridge between ‘Outer Space’ and fraggles. It wasn’t Ned’s remodeling.

“Hurts, doesn’t it?” a large fraggle broke into her thoughts.

“ Who are you?” Amy sniffed and replied. Looking up the new figure was familiar, but she could not place who he was.

“I believe you know. Think about it. Reach deep down. It’s there just like the memory you’re crying about is.” he said and sat down next to her.

“Cantus? Why me? I don‘t understand this much less like it.”

“Because you were the one who started all this. Now it’s time for you to either finish it, or fix it.”

“That doesn’t make any sense. How am I supposed to do that when I don’t know what ‘it’ is.”

“Stop thinking with your head Amy and listen with your heart. The Rock can no longer support all of us now. So a few are chosen to leave to provide room for those left behind.”

“The disappearing fraggles…but, why can‘t the Rock support all of you?”
“Exactly. The rest of the answer is hidden within you. In your heart lies the key. To find what you seek you must go to a place where you have been before.”

“Arrrrgghhhh! First the Trash Heap now you. Could you stop speaking in circles and give me something a little more concrete?”

Sky came plodding up the tunnel-way. After awakening to her mother’s blood curdling scream, she was scared to death. As soon as she heard her mother cry for help Sky looked toward where Amy was supposed to be sleeping. However, Amy was not lying in her bed like she should have been. There was no time for the questions that came to mind she had to find Amy, or anyone else who could help for that matter. After telling her mother she was going for help Sky ran off as fast as she could. She had no idea where she was going but none of that mattered; she would run into someone eventually.

Amy and Cantus turned their heads toward a sound that was heading straight for them. They were both surprised to see Sky running as fast as she could up toward them. When she finally reached them, she paused a moment to catch her breath. Sky rested her hands on her knees and breathed heavily quickly collecting her thoughts. She had been running for a what seemed to be a long time trying to find Amy.

“Amy! Come quick. Something’s the matter with Mom. She woke up screaming and said she need help quick. I’m so scared! We need to hurry!” Sky said with a look of terror in her eyes.

Nothing more needed to be said. Both Cantus and Amy sprung to their feet and ran in the direction of Red’s. At the entrance, Cantus kneeled down and gave Sky directions to the nearest Fraggle’s cave which was Wembley’s. Sky trotted off to where she was to stay for the rest of the night.

Cantus and Amy entered the room to find Red huddled in the middle sobbing. Red was muttering and hugging herself terrified. She finally looked up and saw the worried faces on Cantus and Amy’s faces.

“I’m so glad you’re here. I had this terrible dream. I was walking around searching for Sky. However, I couldn’t find her anywhere. Finally, this dark shadow came up and said that she was gone. I asked the shadow where, and the shadow said that he had taken her. Then I started screaming for the shadow to give me back my little girl. That’s how I woke up screaming. Where is Sky anyway?” Red explained.

“I sent her to Wembley’s. No need to worry, she’s safe and sound.” Cantus replied.

Red looked from the fraggle to her new Silly Creature friend. She didn’t like the feeling she had after that dream. Something didn’t fit right. As bad as it pained her to ask she needed help. For some reason it felt right to ask Amy. Looking to her Red said, “I need help. I don’t wanna lose Sky like I lost her father.”

Amy looked down at her new friend. It was then she decided that no matter what she’d find out how to stop this. No more causalities. No more disappearances. Her first leap of faith. It was the biggest and most frightening decision of her life. All she said was…

“I promise. Nothing’s gonna happen to you or anyone else. We’ll figure this out.”

[camera zooms out to reveal Red and Amy hugging with Cantus standing nearby faint background music can be heard as the trio fade out and the scene ends.]

Erine81981

Reaction score
Your doing great Christy. I'm enjoying even more. Keep up the good work.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, 8 beautiful notes. Good job Christy, a few nitpicks here and there, but it's rully good and I look forward to reading the rest when it's ready.

The only thing missing is Cantus playing his Fragglish saxophone to end the scene, blending his music to the next. Unless you're saving that or a song by the master minstrel for later.
The only problem with making this a movie is now that Cantus is here, whod voice him? Steve's taken over most of Jim's characters, but would he be able to do a convincing Cantus or Convincing John when he's already voicing Wembley?

christyb

Reaction score
Hmmm... I am saving the ministrels for later (when they are together as a group). I couldn't quite decide what music to put in the background so that's left up for your imagination. As far as voicing...I think Steve could do him. He's (Cantus) not completely sounding like Dr.Teeth so I think Steve probably could pull it off. Listen to me sounding like I'm directing the thing already :smile:.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That or John Kenndey could take the voice of Cantus. He did Dr. Teeth in MFS and did a good job.

christyb

Reaction score
And it just keeps growing....

Chapter Nine

[ music from above ends and the Gorg’s garden fades in with Meggie and Junior sitting beside the well]

“Now, fwaggles are sneaky little cweatures. When you catch one you gotta hold them like this, see?” Junior holds his clenched fist out for his little sister to see.

Meggie listened wide eyed to her older brother, “But, Ma says we’re not supposed to catch fraggles.”

“Awww…Meggie, why can’t you just have some fun and forget about what Ma says? Now come on. You said you wanted to see a fwaggle. The only way to do that is to catch one. Now listen closely and when they come to steal our radishes we’ll wait over there and you’ll jump out and catch one!”

Meggie nodded her head. No matter how much she tattled her older brother or yelled at him for being annoying she idolized him. He knew so much about the things that Ma and Pa didn’t. Besides, catching fraggles and playing in the garden had to be more fun than taking the Queen lessons that her Ma made her do.

Junior motioned for his little sister to follow him. The both stood up and walked over to some brush just outside the garden. Junior motioned for his sister to kneel down with him. They had a full view of the radish patch while still fairly hidden from sight.

“How long to we hafta wait here?” Meggie whispered.

“Not long. The fwaggles usually come and get radishes just about now. Since Ma and Pa are inside the castle we shouldn’t get in trouble,” Junior said quietly and pointed, “ There look!”

In the small cave opening two faces appeared. Mokey and Amy poked their heads outside and looked around. As soon as the coast was clear, both climbed out of the hole and crept toward the garden.

“Are you sure we need to do this? I mean no offense Mokey, but I don’t want to wind up being tossed like a hacky sack.” Amy whispered while pulling on a radish.

“I understand. Being captured by a Gorg isn’t very much fun. However, today is my radish collecting day. Thanks for helping me though.” Mokey replied and picked up the radish she was working on.

Meanwhile, Junior and Meggie were watching from their hiding spot. Meggie was unsure as to jumping out and grabbing the small creatures that were before her. Junior gently pushed his sister out of the brush.

“Go, Meggie now!” Junior whispered.

“Run!” Amy squealed and began heading toward the cave opening.

Mokey and Amy took off as fast as they could. Junior and Meggie were running quickly behind them. Amy and Mokey were the first to reach the hole. Mokey climbed in and Amy tossed in the radishes. When all the radishes were inside Amy began to climb in.

However, by this time Meggie had reached the hole. She didn’t want her big brother to be disappointed in her. So she reached out and snatched Amy before she could climb in.

“Run, Mokey! Go ahead don’t worry about me!” Amy screamed while being hoisted up.

“Junior lookie! I got one! I really got one!” Meggie squealed excitedly and jumped up and down.

Junior peered at what Meggie had in her hand, “ Meggie, you didn’t just catch a fwaggle. You caught the funny looking fwaggle I told you about.”

“Juuunnniiioooorrrr! Meeggggiiiieee! Where are you?” Ma Gorg began calling from the castle.

“Quick put it in your pocket. Ma’s a callin’ us.” Junior said and began running toward the castle.

Meggie place Amy in her apron pocket and ran off. Mokey was watching the whole scene from her hiding spot within the hole. She immediately ran off to get help, and Meggie skipped happily toward her mother.

Amy was bouncing around inside of Meggie’s pocket. She heard a faint order for her captor to go to her room and lie down. Suddenly she was being tossed about the Gorg pocket as Meggie climbed the stairs. Once Meggie was within the safety of her room she peered inside. She picked up Amy and placed her on the dresser and sat on the stool.

“Oh man, you really need to put seatbelts in that thing,” Amy replied and rubbed her backside.

“Are you a fraggle?? You don’t quite look like the fraggles my big brother described.” Meggie stared in wonder.

“No, I’m a human. The fraggles call me ‘Silly Creature’. My name is Amy.”

“Oh, I’m Meggie. *looks disappointed for a moment and then gets excited.* Hmm…Then I caught something that Junior hasn’t!”

“You must compete with your big brother a lot huh?” Amy replied but didn’t dare to tell Meggie that Junior had caught her before.

“Yes, but I’m not allowed to play outside very much. I used to though.”
“You wouldn’t mind me asking but…Why?”

“ I don’t know. I get very tired all of the sudden. That and this shadow type thing tries to grab me and take me away. Ma and Pa think I’m crazy but Junior believes me.”

“Wait…a minute…You said shadow???”

“Yes, actually it looks a lot like your shape. I never can really see who or what it looks like. But now that I think about it…It does definitely have that ‘human’ shape. That is what you said you were right??”

Amy nods her head and says, “So your big brother has seen the shadow before??”

“Uh…huh, He’s the one who pulled me away the last time the shadow tried to get me. Also, my big brother’s name is Junior”

“Ok. This is getting weirder all the time” Amy sighs and sits down.

Meggie looks out the window and her eyes become wide with horror. She picks up Amy and takes her to the window, “Look there it is!!!”

Amy stares in wonder at the shadow like thing standing outside the garden. It was pointing at Meggie and beckoning her to come. Meggie and Amy just looked at each other. Finally Meggie closed the shutters hard sending Amy to the floor.

“Sorry, that thing scares me so bad. And if I look at it long enough I start to walk to it.”

“That’s ok. I understand. But I really need to get back to my fraggle friends. Could you take me back to the hole??”

“Yes, once the scare shadow leaves. You keep watch ok? I’m getting tired.”

Meggie goes and lies down for a nap. Amy situates herself back on the windowsill and peers through a crack in the shutters. Sure enough the shadow was still there. They were all in danger now. Red’s dream wasn’t just a dream anymore.

christyb

Reaction score
New ending to Chapter Nine...

Side Note: This thing has a life of it's own!!! Oh well *laughs*. Here's the finish of chapter nine.

End of Chapter Nine...

Amy began singing softly to herself.

[Singing to the tune of Red’s “Bring Back The Wonder]

Looking for the season
Looking for the time
Finding that wonder
That used to be mine
Give me that wonder
I knew long ago…

I was so young
To end life’s glow
I made a mistake
That I now know
I want back that wonder
I knew long ago

Looking for the season
Looking for the time
Finding that wonder
That used to be mine

*sighs* [next few lines are spoken with the tune in the background]

I get it.
I understand now.
I screwed up.
And now I want to change it. [song ends]

“But you can’t go and change the past. That is one thing that neither a fraggle nor a silly creature can do” Cantus sat down on the windowsill and replied.

“What the?? How did you get up here?”
“I have my ways. Mokey and the others are really worried. I told them I’d come after you myself.”

“Ok, so now what?? You seem to have all the answers.”

“No, I don’t but I’ll tell you something I told Mokey once.”

[ Cantus sings “Lose Your Heart”. When the song ends the camera cuts to the shadow-figure at the end of the garden. The shadow appears to be smirking. Camera zooms in on what would be a face and then cuts to black]

christyb

Reaction score
And we delve deeper into FR's problems....

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter Ten:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amy said a quick goodbye to Meggie and set off down the hole with Cantus. Her friends must be worried sick about her by now. As they approached Amy got a strange feeling that something isn’t quite right.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Cantus, why are things so quiet? I’ve only been here a day or so but always there is some kind of commotion going on,” Amy asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I do not know. Something has to be wrong. Let’s just hope that Shadow that you told me about has not struck again,” Cantus replied.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “We don’t know that it is the Shadow that is taking the fraggles. That’s just an assumption of mine.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “True, but for now it’s the safest assumption that we can make.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cantus and Amy walked back into a silent Great Hall. Everyone was walking around with somber faces. Amy looked at Cantus with a questioning look. He motioned for her to say nothing as they went and joined their friends beside the pond. The fraglet four looked up with relieved looks and ran towards Amy. Amy reached down and hugged them all and looked at their parents with questions.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “We thought you were gone forever!!” Gabs exclaimed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I’m glad you’re alright,” Sky said. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “ I am very much alright, and hungry. Why don’t you four go get us some Doozer sticks? Get enough for your parents too. And stay in sight. I don’t think right now is a good time for you to go wondering off” Amy said as the fraglets dashed off out of hearing range. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I’m glad you’re okay, Amy,” Mokey said relieved.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I’m fine. But I take it from the looks of things something here is not.” Amy said to the others.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Yes, what has happened while we were gone?” Cantus sat down and asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “It’s…It’s…” Boober tried to start but instead began tying knots in his tail.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “What he’s trying to say is that it’s Tosh. Her fraglet started to wonder off down the Cave of No Return and she went after it. However, Tosh never came back. She’s disappeared. There’s a search party forming to go and find her.” Gobo finished.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “But what about her little one? Is he or she ok?” Amy asked[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Yes, the baby is back with its father. But we better not mention this to the kids. They just think that we were worried about you which we were but you understand?” Gobo answered.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I understand. I don’t know how these things work here. Do you need someone to take care of Gabs, Sky, Kinu, & Mopu while you…well.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “That would be fantastic. If you could.” Mokey said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Yes, you can take the little one’s back to Wembley’s cave and we’ll search for Tosh. However, I don’t want anyone going into the Cave of No Return. Let’s just hope Tosh wandered off and got lost in another part of the Rock.” Cantus ordered.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The fraglet four came back and gave Amy and everyone else some Doozer sticks. After eating Amy took the little one’s back to Wembley’s to play some games and hopefully take a nap. The other’s prepared for the search ahead of them. [/font]