Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm very suspicious of the idea that things need to change with the times because that's what people want. Time again it seems to me people prove that they do enjoy older things and aren't demanding anything changed. It's the companies that seem to have this impression of people.
That's the thing...People in general dislike change, but management says people want it, simply because--I think--maybe management realizes that change is the sole constant in this messed up thing called life.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think management doesn't always want to admit some of the best work has already been done. Instead of being inspired by it, they try completely wiping it from memory. As a result, the entertainment goes down in quality.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think management doesn't always want to admit some of the best work has already been done. Instead of being inspired by it, they try completely wiping it from memory. As a result, the entertainment goes down in quality.
There's that too, but I don't think every person in management is a selfish prude.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Irregardless it's a stupid commercial.
"Irregardless" is not a real word.

I know, he's making fun of me because I'm one of the few people in the world who actually appreciate the laugh track, and here I am saying a commercial with a laugh track is a terrible commercial.
Well no. I just think it's ridiculous for a commercial to actually have a laugh track. Nothing against you're personal preference there.

D'Snowth;644654 I guess I'm being oximoronic.[/quote said:
Yeah, I see what you mean, heh!